Punta de Mita
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
Punta Mita is a 1,500-acre (6.1 km2) beachfront village located on the north end of Banderas Bay in the Mexican state of Nayarit, about 10 miles (16 km) north of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. There is evidence of prehistoric (pre contact) human settlement in Nayarit. On the Punta de Mita peninsula, a hilltop archaeological site known as Careyeros Hill has been dated to circa 800 AD.
Punta Mita is at the same latitude as the Hawaiian Islands. It is kept comfortable year round by gentle sea breezes, with average summer temperatures around 85 °F (29 °C), and 75 °F (24 °C) during winter months. Because of its temperate, tropical climate, Punta Mita is a popular but low-key vacation spot. Hollywood celebrities such as Demi Moore, Orlando Bloom and Vince Vaughn have vacationed at Casa Aramara in Punta Mita, a private resort built by Joe Francis. Billionaire Thomas Siebel has also visited the village.
Punta Mita has several residential communities ranging from condominiums and townhomes to private, single-family villas. All of these homes set among a rural Mexican fishing colony town. It is also the location of the Four Seasons Resort, Punta Mita as well as the St. Regis Resort, Punta Mita.
The Marieta Islands are a 15 minute boat ride from Punta Mita and are a Mexican national park.
In November 2012, several prominent Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and investors, including Wendell Brown, Mike Maples and Tim Ferriss, launched a structured mentoring program and early-stage seed fund in partnership with the MITA Institute and Tech Accelerator. The MITA Institute hosts an annual "Tech Talks" conference in Punta Mita, which brings together venture capital and tech leaders from both the U.S. and Mexico.
- C. Michael Hogan, ´´Careyeros Hill´´, The Megalithic Portal, ed. A. Burnham (2008)
- Average Monthly Temperatures for Punta Mita, Mexico - Weather.com
- A Local's Guide To Eating Through Punta Mita, Part 1 - Forbes.com
- Demi Moore, Orlando Bloom, Vince Vaughn vacation in Punta Mita
- Casa Aramara in Punta Mita
- Lazarus, David (August 30, 2002). "For Siebel, the party isn't over".
- Four Seasons Resort - Punta Mita
- Regis Resort- Punta Mita
- "Silicon Valley Luminaries Launch Mexican Tech Ecosystem". November 19, 2012.
- "The MITA Institute and Tech Accelerator". November 29, 2012.
|This article about a location in the Mexican state of Nayarit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|