- 1954-1955 Asoka (1955 film)- dance sequence choreographed by MasterPanibharatha; Director Sirisena Wimalaweera
- 1958 Deyyange Rate (The Country of Gods) - Director L. S. Ramachandra; novel by W. A. Silva
- 1961 Kurulu Bedda - Director L. S. Ramachandra;
- 1964 Sikuru Tharuwa -Director L. S. Ramachandra;
- 1964 Gamperaliya Director Dr. Lester James Peries; Novel by Martin Wickramasinghe
- 1966 Parasathumal Director Gamini Fonseka
- 1967 Ran Salu Director Dr.Lester James Peries;
- 1968 Ranwan Karal- Semi Documentary, Directed by Professor Siri Gunasinghe
- 1983 Kaliyugaya Director Dr.Lester James Peries; Novel by Martin Wickramasinghe
Heendeniya was born in Sri Lanka. Her hobbies were singing acting and cooking. She married and had two children with her husband, they also had four grandchildren. Heendeniya gave up acting after she gave birth, but starred in Kaliyugaya in 1983. Heendeniya sometimes goes out to Sri Lanka to visit friends and family.
- 1964- Eksath Rasika Sangamaya Best Actress Award, Gamperaliya
- 1964- Sarasaviya Film Awards- Best Actress Award, Best film, GamperaliyaGamperaliya (film)
- 1964- Sarasaviya Film AwardsSarasaviya Best Actress Award,
- 1964- Best Actress Proficiency Award, Sikuru Tharuwa
- 1965 Gamperaliya won “The Golden Peacock Award” Grand Prix International Film Festival, New Delhi
- 1965 Gamperaliya won-"Golden Head of Palenque" Resena Mundial Film Festival in Acapulco, Mexico 
- 1966 Swarana Sankha Award, Best Actress Award, Parasathumal
- 1968- Sarasaviya Film AwardsSarasaviya Best Actress Award- Best Actress Award, Ran Salu
- 1985- Presidential Award- Kaliyugaya
- 2000-Lifetime achievement, President's Golden Lion Award
- 2008-Gamperaliya (Changement au village) shown in Cannes Film Festival as restored Classics.
- 2013-U.W.Sumathipala Lifetime Achievement Award
- "Punya Heendeniya (de Silva), the evergreen silver screen star". Sunday Observer. 17 August 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- http://www.films.lk/ArtistDetails.php?id=1139 Punya Heendeniya on Sinhala Cinema Database