||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
Purab Kohli at a Photoshoot
|Born||23 February 1979|
|Occupation||Model, Actor, VJ|
Purab Kohli is an Indian model, VJ and television and film actor.
He started his career as an actor with the television show Hip Hip Hurray on Zee TV and earned recognition through video jockeying on Channel V. He then hosted the travel show Gone India where he toured India on budget trips.
Kohli made his acting debut in films with Bus Yuhin (2003) starring opposite Nandita Das. He has also acted in other films like Supari (2003), Vastu Shastra (2004), and 13th Floor (2005). His performance in My Brother…Nikhil (2005) got him recognition. Kohli then went on to star in Mahesh Bhatt's 2006 film Woh Lamhe and as a villain again in Bhatt's 2007 film Awarapan. He also acted in Rock On!! (2008) along with Farhan Akhtar, Luke Kenny and Arjun Rampal. Kohli's work in Rock On garnered him a Special Jury Mention at the 2009 Filmfare Awards in March 2009. Kohli then starred opposite Nandita Das again in the 2010-11 film I Am which was directed by Onir, who had previously directed him in My Brother…Nikhil. He also contributed financially in the making of this film. Purab's 2014 released movie Jal is a story based on villagers fight for water and dignity. Critics are appreciating his work in this movie.
Kohli's father is a hotelier and mother is a corporate trainer. He did his schooling from Pune, Maharashtra in various schools of St. Stanislaus, Auxilium Convent and The Bishop's School. He also joined a flying school to be a pilot, but did not continue. He also switched his education faculty from Science to Commerce and finally to Arts and studies Economics, Psychology and Literature.
|2005||My Brother…Nikhil||Nigel De Costa|
|2006||Bas Ek Pal|
|2006||Woh Lamhe||Sam aka Sammy|
|2007||Awarapan||Munna R. Malik|
|2008||Rock On!!||Kedar 'KD' 'Killer Drummer' Zaveri||Filmfare Special Jury Award (certificate)|
|2009||Yeh Mera India||Nachiket Joshi|
|2010||Hide & Seek||Om Jaiswal|
|2011||Turning 30||Jai Saxena|
|2012||Kuch Spice To Make It Meetha||Akshay Rana||Short film|
|2014||Shaadi Ke Side Effects||Shekhar|
- "Purab goes paschim and dakshin". The Tribune. 27 February 2000. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Filmfare certificate was a pleasant surprise: Purab Kohli". New Delhi: India Today. 23 March 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Purab is back with Nandita!". Times of India. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Purab is really busy!". Times of India. 23 June 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "New Movie Reviews - Jal". multitalks.in. 7 April 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- Sunder, Shubangi. "'Be inspired and make a difference'". Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Filmfare certificate was a pleasant surprise: Purab Kohli". India Today. 23 March 2009. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "Hide & Seek: First Look". Times of India. 20 November 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Kuch Spice To Make It Meetha". Times of India. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.