|Motto||Centre for Academic Excellence|
|Chancellor||Prime Minister of Nepal|
|Vice-Chancellor||Maheshwar Man Shrestha|
|Students||22,000 including affiliated colleges|
The establishment of Purbanchal University in 1998 was visualized as an extraordinary endeavour by the Government of Nepal to create an academic "centre of excellence" in the Eastern Development Region of Nepal.
At present, the university has broadly identified Industry-Technology, Agriculture-Forestry, Environment- Rural-Cultural Subsistence and Sustainable Development as specific areas of “Academic Excellence”.
- Purbanchal University School of Engineering and Technology (PUSET)
Purbanchal University School of Engineering & Technology(PUSET), formerly known as Science & Technology Campus, was established in 2056 BS in Biratnagar. It was established as a constituent campus of Purbanchal University and is the only one of its kind in the Eastern Region, imparting full-fledged information technology based curriculum for undergraduate & graduate students.
It was the pioneer campus to start BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application), the 3 years full time multidisciplinary undergraduate program in the year 2056 BS. It is the first campus to introduce BIT(Bachelor of Information Technology), the 4 years full time multidisciplinary undergraduate program.The student of the campus passing BCA gets the best placement in the country as well as abroad in the prestigious corporate houses & other organisations. They are also involved in pursuing higher degrees in national & international universities. The first batch of the MCA (Master of Computer Applications), the 2 year program was launched in the year 2060 BS as the pioneer program of the nation.
PUSET also launched BE (Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering), the 4 years program in the year 2060 BS. Campus decided to follow the standard norms of Nepal Engineering Council. PUSET is situated near Biratnagar Airport. The campus is spread in 2x2 Bighas of land covered with partial garden & playground. Puset further launched BE Electronic & Communication at its premises in 2061 BS.
PUSET College has produced some best IT experts and software developers. Some Notable person include Laxmi Khatiwata, CFO of Simplify 360, which company works for fortune 100 companies of USA and other parts of world. Some notable persons are now working in Facebook, Google, Alexa, Wipro, etc. include Khagendra Barel, Shuban Singh Karki, etc. Any way PUSET Campus, although being a government campus delivers best knowledge in field of Computer, IT and Electronics and Communication.
- Faculties of Purbanchal University School of Engineering and Technology (PUSET)
- Centre for Population and Development (CPAD)
Centre for Population and Development (CPAD) is established as a constituent body of Purbanchal University for fostering academic studies, research and training in the area of population and development in Nepal in 2003. Although other universities in the nation offer population and development related courses and conduct research and training, there is still need for abridging the gap for incorporating grassroots-based practical activities into the University exercises. This need inspired Purbanchal University to establish CPAD. Currently CPAD offers:
- Master of Science in Population and Rural Development (MSc PRD)
- Faculties of Centre for Population and Development
1.Ram Prasad Dhakal 2.Udayarai prasain 3.Ramesh babu kafle 4.Komal Prasad Dulal 5.Krishna Prasad Pandey
Janata Adarsha Multiple Campus
Janata Adarsha Multiple Campus was established in 2041 BS as an affiliated college to Tribhuvan University. JAMC was handed over to Purbanchal University as a constituent campus by its operational committee in 2060 BS for fostering academic studies in eastern region in different disciplines of higher studies.
- Bachelor in social work (6 semester, 3 Years)
- 3 Years B.Ed. or one year B.Ed. (Newly revised internal evaluaution based)
- Management Campus
- Faculty of Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Fashion Design (BFD)
- Bachelor of Commerce Studies (BCS)
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management (BHCM)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Travel And Tourism Studies (BTTS)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (Distance Mode) (EMBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Tourism Studies (MTS)
- Faculty of Medical And Allied Sciences (FOMAS).
- Bachelor of Public Health (BPH)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
- Post Basic Bachelor of Nursing (PBN)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy(B.Pharm)
- Faculty of Science & Technology.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Geomatic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics And Communication
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) (Hons.)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (B.Sc.Ag.)(Hons.)
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Science in Bio-chemistry (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Dairy Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Food Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc.And AH )
- Bachelor of aeronautical engineering
- Master in Agriculture Business Management
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Engineering in Earthquake (ME)
- Master of Science in Dairy Technology (M.Sc.)
- Master of Science in Engineering Management (M.Sc.)
- Master of Science in Information System Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Master of Science in Life Science (M.Sc)
- Master of Science in Meat Technology (M.Sc)
- Master of Science in Urban Design in Conservation (M.Sc.)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- Faculty of Education
- Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.)
- Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.1Yr)
- Bachelor of Education (B. Ed. Distance Mode)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Faculty of Arts.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (BID)
- Bachelor of Journalism And Mass Communication
- Bachelor in Liberal Arts And Science
- Bachelor in Media Technology (BMT)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Master of Arts in Media Technology (MMT)
- Master of Arts in Mass Communication And Journalism
- Master in Development Communication
- Master in Development Studies
- Master in Sociology / Anthropology
- Master in Population and Rural Development
- Master in Rural Development Planning And Gender Studies
- Master in Regional Development Planning And Management
- Master in Social Work
- Post Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Journalism (PGD)
- Faculty of Law.
- Legisum Laterum Bachelor (LLB)
- Legisum Laterum Masterom (LLM)
- Master Degree in Conflict and International Humanitarian Law
- Master Degree in Human Rights
Due to various reasons, mainly strikes called by various political parties in Terai, the university struggled to maintain its academic calendar. However, it has improved a lot in the later period. Many of its programs are running as stipulated by the academic calendar of the university.