City of Ipswich, Queensland
|LGA(s)||City of Ipswich|
Purga is a rural community on the outskirts of the Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. At the 2011 Australian Census Purga and surrounding suburbs recorded a population of 600. The western boundary of Purga follows Warrill Creek.
Purga has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Boonah Road: Purga United Church
- Carmichaels Road: Purga Aboriginal Cemetery
- South Deebing Creek Road: Deebing Creek Mission (former)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Purga (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Purga". Place name details. Queensland Government. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Purga United Church (entry 16377)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Purga Aboriginal Cemetery (entry 19555)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Deebing Creek Mission (former) (entry 17056)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-09.