Puri railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Elevation||12 m (39 ft)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operator||East Coast Railway|
|Formerly||East Coast State Railway, Bengal Nagpur Railway|
The Khurda Road-Puri section was opened to traffic on 1 February 1897.
The Bengal Nagpur Railway was nationalized in 1944.Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 with the portion of East Indian Railway Company east of Mughalsarai and the Bengal Nagpur Railway. In 1955, South Eastern Railway was carved out of Eastern Railway. It comprised lines mostly operated by BNR earlier. Amongst the new zones started in April 2003 were East Coast Railway and South East Central Railway. Both these railways were carved out of South Eastern Railway.
Doubling of line
The Khurda Road-Puri section is planned to have double lines.
Puri railway station is a busy station handling around 92 trains daily and serving about 138,000 passengers per day.
Puri railway station is amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway.
The Okha-Puri Express travels for 2,781 km (1,728 mi), one of the longest east-west broad gauge runs in India.
Puri railway station has 4 double-bedded non-AC retiring rooms and 3 four-bedded dormitories. Other amenities include tourist information counter, computerised reservation offices, telephone booths, cloak room, waiting room, vegetarian and non-vegetarian refreshment rooms and book stall.
Trains From Puri Railway Station
- Puri Rourkela Passenger
- Puri Bikaner Express
- Puri Mumbai LTT Weekly Super Fast Express
- PURI HOWRAH SHATABDI EXP
- PURI VALSAD WEEKLY SF EXP
18414 PURI PARADIP IC EXP 18416 PURI BARBIL EXP 58416 PURI CUTTACK PASSENGER 58417 PURI GUNUPUR PASSENGER 18401 PURI OKHA DWARKA EXP 58002 PURI SANTRAGACHI PASS 12875 NEELANCHAL SF EXP PURI NDLS 12815 NANDAN KANAN EXP 12822 PURI HOWRAH DHAULI EXP 17479 Puri-Tirupati Express 18473 Puri-Jodhpur Express 18419 Puri - Jaynagar Weekly SF Exp 18449* Baidyanathdham Express 15639* Puri - Guwahati Express 22883* Puri-Yesvantapur Weekly Express 18304* Puri - Sambalpur Intercity Express 58422* Puri Angul Fast Passenger 58414* Puri - Talcher Passenger 18425* Puri Durg Express 12843* Puri - Ahmedabad SF Express 22859* Puri-Chennai Central Express 58408* Puri - Khurda Road Passenger 18405* Puri Ahmedabad Express 12994* Puri-Gandhidham Weekly Express 22202* Puri-Sealdah Duronto Express 22827* Puri - Surat Weekly Express 12838* Puri-Howrah SF Express 18452* Tapaswini Express* 18477* Kalinga Utkal Express 18421* Puri - Ajmer Bi-Weekly Express 08401* Puri - Santragachi Weekly Express 12146* Puri-Mumbai LTT SF Express 12801* Purushottam SF Express 18407* Puri-Sai Nagar Shirdi Express 12896* Puri-Howrah Weekly SF Express 22836* Puri - Shalimar Weekly SF Express 12882* Puri-Howrah Garib Rath Express 15643* Puri - Kamakhya Weekly SF Express 12888* Puri-Howrah Weekly SF Express 18410* Sri Jagannath Express 22890* Samudra Kanya Weekly SF Express 22878* Puri - Digha Weekly SF Express 03102* Puri - Sealdah Weekly SF Express 58410* Puri Khurda Road Passenger
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "IR History: Part - III (1900 - 1947)". IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Geography – Railway Zones". IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "IR History: Part - IV (1947 - 1970)". IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "ECoR’s Rs. 279-cr plan for Bhubaneswar, Puri". The Pioneer, 16 September 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Indian Rail Enquiry". Puri. railenquiry.in. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Trivia". IRFCA. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- "East Coast Railway Amenities at Stations (as in 2008)". Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "Puri railway station". Make my trip. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
Puri travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|East Coast Railway zone||Terminus|