Purnendu Chatterjee is an Indian entrepreneur. He is the founder and chairman of The Chatterjee Group (TCG) and also serves as Executive Director to Indian School of Business (ISB) in Hyderabad.
Early life and education
Chatterjee was a research associate at the Stanford Research Institute from 1974 to 1976. He joined McKinsey & Co. in 1976 and by 1984 was promoted to a partner of the company. Chatterjee established The Chatterjee Group (TCG) in 1986, which today has diversified interests which includes investment banking, real estate, petrochemicals and life sciences. With its headquarters in New York, TCG employs over 8000 people worldwide.
- "India is the place where the world has to invest: Purnendu Chatterjee". bombaynews.net. 2010-03-21. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Private pitch for IT space in city". The Telegraph (India) (Calcutta, India). 2003-12-21. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "List of ISB executive directors". Indian School of Business. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Berkeley Lab and UC Berkeley announce India energy R&D program". eurekalert.org. 2008-10-03. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Passage To India, Compliments of George (int'l edition)". Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "TCG acquires Basell assets for $5.16 bn". Financial Express. 2005-05-06. Retrieved 2010-12-05.