Purse State Park
|Purse State Park|
|Maryland State Park|
|Elevation||3 ft (1 m) |
|Area||149 acres (60 ha) |
|Management||Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
|Website: Purse State Park|
Purse State Park is a state park in Charles County, Maryland, United States. It is located on the freshwater-tidal (estuarine) Potomac River along Wades Bay. The undeveloped park features hunting, fishing, hiking, bird watching, and fossil hunting. Fossil discoveries have included shark teeth and Cibicides.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Purse State Park
- "FY2013 DNR Owned Lands Acreage Report". Maryland DNR. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Purse State Park". Maryland DNR. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "Foraminifera, Purse State Park, Maryland, Aquia Formation, Thanetian, Paleocene". The Foraminifera.eu-Project. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- Purse State Park Maryland Department of Natural Resources