Pusan National University
|Pusan National University|
|Motto||진리, 자유, 봉사
Truth, Liberty, Devotion
|Location||Busan, Yangsan, Miryang, South Korea|
|Pusan National University|
|Revised Romanization||Busan Daehakgyo|
Pusan National University (PNU, also called Busan National University) is one of ten flagship Korean national universities and a leading university in South Korea. Located mainly in Busan (or Pusan), the university's English name is a translation of its former Korean name, "Gungnip Pusan Daehakgyo" (국립 부산 대학교), but has since dropped "national" from its Korean moniker.
Continually ranked among one of top 500 world universities by ARWU World University Ranking and QS Top Universities Ranking, Pusan National University is one of only ten Korean universities ranked in both ARWU World University Ranking and QS Top Universities Ranking in 2010. In QS Top Universities Ranking 2010, Pusan National University is ranked in top five in social sciences and management, sixth in engineering and technology, sixth in life science and medicine, and ninth in arts and humanities  among Korean universities. Pusan National University is one of only five Korean universities ranked in four subject areas in QS Top Universities Ranking 2010.
Pusan National University (PNU) was founded on May 1946 in Busan, the Republic of Korea's second largest metropolis by the Korean government. PNU has since grown to be a well-regarded university. As of 1998, graduates of PNU included 89,632 bachelor's degree holders, 12,755 master's degree holders, and 2,399 doctoral scholars. PNU now comprises 12 colleges and general graduate schools and 6 professional graduate schools, and it contributes to the development of the nation and the world by producing prominent experts and talented leaders.
Educational Philosophy PNU, the true university that lives up to the values of truth, freedom and service, is creating a new value system based on a humanitarian spirit and its insights on the trends of the times. PNU provides and realizes a future vision for society through academic research and HR development, contributing to the development of humanity and society.
The Hall of Truth PNU pursues truth, and conducts education and research for academic advancement based on imagination and creativity. It is securing global competitiveness as a true university that represents Korea, while developing talents with creativity and extensive knowledge, who have insights on the times and are actively engaged in their communities and society as a whole.
The Cradle of Freedom PNU safeguards freedom, the fundamental value of life, and pursues truth and education based on a spirit of co-prosperity, cooperation and harmony with the community. It is a true university that fosters mature individuals with creative and active attitudes and capabilities that can serve the development of the country and humankind.
The Birthplace of Services A university needs to explore knowledge and education based on freedom and truth, and provide various humanitarian services for the development of society and the country. PNU is a true university, as it fosters talents eager to engage in the services required by the society, and operates volunteer activity systems for social development, lifelong education and re-education at the university level.
- College of Humanities
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Law
- College of Education
- College of Business Administration
- College of Economics and International Trade
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Medicine
- College of Dentistry
- College of Nursing
- College of Human Ecology
- College of Arts
- College of Nano Science and Technology
- College of Natural Resource and Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Graduate School of Natural Sciences
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Graduate School of Law
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Korean Medicine
- Graduate School of Pharmacy
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Graduate School of Dentistry
- Graduate School of Human Ecology
- Graduate School of Arts
- Graduate School of Nano Science and Technology
- Graduate School of Management
- Graduate School of Public Administration
- Graduate School of Industry
- Graduate School of Environment
- Graduate School of International Studies
- Graduate School of Natural Resource and Life Sciences
- http://www.arwu.org/ Missing or empty
- http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010 Missing or empty
- http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010/subject-rankings/social-science Missing or empty
- http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010/subject-rankings/technology Missing or empty
- http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010/subject-rankings/life-science-biomedicine/ Missing or empty
- http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010/subject-rankings/arts-humanities Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pusan National University.|