Putuo District, Zhoushan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See also: Putuo District
- District Seat: Shenjiamen Sub-District
- Population: 378,805 as of November 1st, 2010
- Area: 6,730 km² (459 km² terrestrial, 6,271 km² marine)
- Population Density: 825 pop. per km²
- Gross Domestic Product: 24.6 billion yuan as of 2011
- Per capita GDP: 64,941 yuan (approximately 10,443 US Dollars)
Putuo District occupies the southeastern part of Zhoushan archipelago. It includes the eastern end of the archipelago Zhoushan Island, which is the largest island of the archipelago, and many dozens of smaller islands. Among them:
- the small, but famous Putuo Island (Putuo Shan, i.e. "Mount Putuo"). Putuo Island with nearby small islets is administratively organized as Putuo Town within Putuo District.
- Zhujiajian Island (朱家尖), connected to Zhoushan Island by a bridge, and administratively organized as Zhujiajian Town.
- Dengbu Island, organized as an eponymous township
- Mayi Island (literally, "Ant Island"), organized as an eponymous township
- Zhongjieshan Island Chain (中街山列岛), organized as Dongji.
- many others, with half a dozen towns and townships on them
|This Zhejiang province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|