|Origin||Neckarbischofsheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
now located in Hamburg, Germany
Formed as Immortal Hate by Tim Eiermann, Joe Proell and Pit Muley, they recorded their demo Pyogenesis of a Festered Corpse in September 1990. With addition of second guitarist/vocalist Flo Schwarz, they renamed to Pyogenesis. First EP, Ignis Creatio, was released in 1992 on Osmose. Stylistically it was a death metal with heavy gothic/doom influences. Pete was then replaced by Wolle Maier.
Second EP, Waves of Erotasia and first full album Sweet X-Rated Nothings, released in 1994 on Nuclear Blast, was more into gothic metal genre, having its own style, differentiating Pyogenesis from other bands of the same genre. Joe Proell left the band and was replaced by Roman Schönsee.
Next album, Twinaleblood, was characterized by strong addition of pop punk and alternative rock influences, which finally result on their 1997 CD Unpop, when band finally departed from metal altogether. Tim Eiermann and Wolle Maier then left Pyogenesis. The band continued on with their new sound, but since after the release of She Makes Me Wish I Had a Gun, nothing has been heard from the band whatsoever (even having their website disappear all together). It is not known whether they've called quits, are on hiatus, or have been busy with new material.
There are definite German techno music influences in the mid-1990s music of Pyogenesis, and its inclusion in the underground music scene was demonstrated by the inclusion of their song "Love Nation Sugarhead" on the CD along with the April 1997 issue of CMJ New Music Monthly magazine. Pyogenesis's musical style includes elements from atmospheric, gothic rock, death/doom, alternative, punk, and techno.
- Flo v. Schwarz - guitar, vocals (1991-)
- Peter Rutard - guitar (1998-)
- Mirza Kapidzic - bass
- Briefmarke - drums
- Tim Eiermann - vocals, guitars (1990–1998)
- Joe Proell - bass (1990–1994)
- Pit Muley - drums (1990–1992)
- Wolle Maier - drums (1994–1998)
- Roman Schönsee - bass (1995–1997)
- Ode to the Churning Seas of Nar-Mataru (Demo, 1991)
- Rise of the Unholy (Single, Mephitic Productions, 1992)
- Sacrificious Profanity (Single, Symphonies of Death Records, 1992)
- Ignis Creatio (EP, Osmose/SPV, 1992)
- Underneath E.P. (7" Single, MDD Records, 1992)
- Waves of Erotasia (EP, Nuclear Blast/East West, 1994)
- Sweet X-Rated Nothings (CD, Nuclear Blast/East West, 1994)
- Twinaleblood (CD, Nuclear Blast/East West, 1995)
- Love Nation Sugarhead (EP, Nuclear Blast/East West, 1996)
- Unpop (CD, Nuclear Blast/East West, 1997)
- Mono, ... Or Will It Ever Be (CD, Nuclear Blast/East West, 1998)
- P (CD, Nuclear Blast/East West, 2000)
- I Feel Sexy (EP, Hamburg Rec/Sony Music, 2002)
- She Makes Me Wish I Had a Gun (CD, Hamburg Rec/Sony Music, 2002)
- Torreano, Bradley. "Pyogenesis". Allmusic. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- Anderson, Jason. "Sweet X-Rated Nothings - Pyogenesis". Allmusic. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- Anderson, Jason. "Twinaleblood - Pyogenesis". Allmusic. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- Anderson, Jason. "Unpop - Pyogenesis". Allmusic. Retrieved December 21, 2011.