|• Revised Romanization||Pyongsan-gun|
|Province||North Hwanghae Province|
Nuclear Waste Dump
The North Korean Cental Government and Taipower are in negoiations about shipping nuclear waste to Pyongsan. The deal was "worth US$75.66 million envisaged shipping 60,000 barrels of nuclear waste, and a further 14,000 barrels in the second stage, with a total value of $150 million and that the North Koreans were after the deal as a source of foreign exchange" but has run into difficulty when Taipower could not get an "export permit for the waste from the Taiwanese Atomic Energy Council". According to Huang Tien-huang, a Taipower official, North Korea blocked Taipower from viewing the processing site at Phyongsan. Due to several issues, the final contract was not signed. However, North Korea (through its attorney, Tsai Hui-ling) is suing Taipower for breach of contract.
Pyongsan county is served by the following railway stations:
- Pyongsan Station, Pyongbu Line and Chongnyon Ichon Line
- Mulgae Station, Pyongbu Line
- Taebaeksansong Station, Pyongbu Line
- Kyejong Station, Pyongbu Line
- 台湾曾想将核废料埋在朝鲜 朝鲜起诉索要赔偿 (in Chinese). Mil.Huanqiu.com. 2013-03-05. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Rank, Michael (March 15, 2013). "North Korean-Taiwan nuclear waste deal thwarted over export permit". NK Economy Watch. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "North Korea to sue Taiwan Power over failed nuclear waste agreement .". Formosa English News. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
|This North Korea location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|