Pyongyang Department Store No. 1
Located in downtown Pyongyang, it is one of the largest retail stores in the country and is often the site of large commodity exhibitions. The store offers a wide variety of items including foodstuffs, electronics, clothing, and furniture. As of 2013, approximately 70% of the items in the store are produced domestically. The store is also one of several official tourist stops in the city. Only hard currency is accepted as payment for the goods in this store.
- Lindsay Fincher (March 1, 2010). "North Korea: Shopping at the Paradise Department Store, aka the Super Walmart of Pyongyang". Lindsey Fincher. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- "Commodity Exhibition Held at Pyongyang Department Store No. 1". Korean Central News Agency. Dec 6, 2012. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Pak Won Il (Feb 25, 2012). "North Koreans Experience The Marvels Of A Supermarket Firsthand". Business Insider. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Curtis Melvin (Feb 22, 2013). "North Korean products in department stores on the rise". North Korean Economy Watch. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- "Kumgangsan Tour". Koryo Tour Group. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Jae Cheol Kim (Nov 1, 2006). "The Political Economy of Chinese Investment in North Korea". North Korean Economy Watch. Retrieved July 6, 2013.