Pyro is the name of two fictional characters in the various Transformers universes.
Transformers: Generation 1
Generation 1 Pyro/Generation 2 Spark toy.
|Sub-group||Convention Exclusives, Obliterators, Voyagers, Wreckers|
|Function||Search and Destroy|
|Motto||"Think of the most awful unspeakable menace you can - and then double it. That's what we're up against."|
|Alternate Modes||Carmichael Cobra Fire Truck|
|Series||Transformers: Generation 1
Transformers: Generation 2
Pyro/Spark is described as a colossal hero with legendary feats of courage. Equipped with a multimissile firing system. Rear section converts into a defense launch pad. He has the ability to see into the immediate future.
Under the name Pyro, this character first appears in Last Stand of the Wreckers' #1 by IDW Publishing where he joins the Wreckers along with Ironfist, Guzzle and Rotorstorm. In issue #2 he tries to come up with a new motto before his first mission. Pyro was killed by a mob of Decepticons in issue #5.
Under the name Spark, this character appears in the Botcon 2010 story. He leads the Autobots on Earth against Clench's Decepticons forces. Among his forces were the Autobots High Beam, Rapido, Streetwise and Scorch. After exposure to Forestonite, he gains the ability to see the immediate future, which he uses to beat Clench in battle.
Spark appears in "A Flash Forward" by Fun Publications. In this story Ultra Magnus travels to Autobot City an assigns Spark, Rapido and Sizzle to investigate a theft from Quantum Laboratories.
Spark commands an Autobot shuttle crewed by Blaze, Hubcap, Sideswipe, Streetstar and Windbreaker into space where they intercept a distress call from Spike Witwicky on the planet Nebulos. When the Autobots arrive on Nebulos they meet Spike and Carly Witwicky, Chip Chase and the Autobots Brainstorm, Chromedome, Crosshairs and Highbrow who inform them that the Nebulan scientist Hi-Q is missing. They learn from Hi-Q's assistant Hi-Test that Hi-Q had security monitors and through them discover the scientist was kidnapped by the Decepticons Runabout and Runamuck.
- Generation 1 Obliterator Pyro (1993)
- A new mold. The front end of the truck becomes the robot, while the rear end becomes a missile launcher. Comes with a rifle and 6 missiles. This toy often suffers from brittle gold plastic that falls apart as it ages. Sold just at the end of the Generation 1.
- Generation 2 Obliterator Spark (1994)
- A repackage of Pyro, now part of Generation 2.
- Timelines Voyager Autobot Spark (2010)
- A BotCon 2010 exclusive, this figure is a redeco of Universe Generation 2 Series Voyager Inferno.
Pyro is a Wrecker that died in the Great War.
Pyro was mentioned by Wheeljack in the episode "Loose Cannons".
- Furman, Simon (2004). Transformers: The Ultimate Guide. DK Publishing Inc. p. 76. ISBN 1405304618.
- Greg Sepelak & Trent Troop (w), Robby Musso (p), Robby Musso & Frank Milkovich (i). "Generation 2: Redux" Transformers Timelines v2, 5 (Summer 2010), Fort Worth, Texas: Fun Publications
- Jesse Wittenrich & Pete Sinclair (w), Thomas Deer (p), Matt Frank (i), Thomas Deer (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair (ed). "A Flash Forward Part 2" The Transformers Collectors Club 44 (April–May 2012), Fun Publications
- Jesse Wittenrich & Pete Sinclair (June–July 2012). "A Flash Forward Part 3". Transformers Collectors Club Magazine 1 (45): 6–11.
- BotCon - Spark Preview