|Headquarters||Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA|
|Key people||Ute Rother, co-founder and CEO
Wolfram Kerber, co-founder and SVP Software Development
Jason Simon, VP Product Development
Q-Sensei is a privately owned software company developing search technology and search-based applications for searching through unstructured and structured data on the internet, business networks, private computers, databases and hand-held devices. Q-Sensei is based on multi-dimensional search, which combines full text, faceted search and content analysis to present data organized and correlated along multiple categories or "dimensions" (e.g. date, tag, author, source, language, content type, etc.). This lets the end user dive deeper into a search query on multiple fronts.
Q-Sensei was formed in 2007 through the merger of German-based social knowledge network Lalisio and the US search technology company, QUASM. The company is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY. Its European office is in Erfurt, Germany.
Its name is derived from the Japanese word Sensei, meaning "master" or "mentor".
- Q-Sensei Enterprise -- a "next-generation" enterprise search platform "for all kinds of data.".
- FeedBooster (feeds.qsensei.com) -- an RSS/web feed aggregator and feed reader that "lets you search or filter the information in your feeds"
- Q-Sensei Scholar (scholar.qsensei.com) -- an online service to search for information on books and scholarly articles in science, medicine, mathematics, medicine and literature from the Library of Congress, the National Library of Medicine, arXiv, IngentaConnect, and Research Papers in Economics (RePEC).
- "KMWorld "100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management" 2013".
- Frost & Sullivan 2012 Global Enterprise Search Price Performance Value Award
- "KMWorld "Trend-Setting Products of 2012"". (for Q-Sensei Enterprise)
- "2012 Innovationspreis IT, Wissensmanagement". (IT Innovations Award Winner, Knowledge Management category)
- "Frost & Sullivan 2011 North American Enterprise Search New Product Innovation Award".
- "2011 Innovative Business Analytics Companies Under $100M to Watch".
- Koch, Susanne (Oct 9, 2011). "Q-Sensei enterprise search solution". Pandia Search News.
- Faircloth, Kelly (Apr 25, 2012). "Armed with a big data offering and a Brooklyn Office, Q-Sensei eyes America". BetaBeat.
- Peacock, Marisa (Apr 14, 2011). "Next Generation Enterprise Search Platform for All Kinds of Data". CMS Wire.
- Koch, Susanne (Oct 9, 2011). "FeedBooster, a tool for real news junkies". Pandia Search News.
- Quint, Barbara (Aug 21, 2008). "Science 2.0 Gains Another Search Engine". Information Today.
- Llamanzares, Lauren (Sep 18, 2012). "Q-Sensei Bags KMWorld Trend-Setting Product of 2012 Award". Open Search News.