|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2014)|
Background and History
QASymphony was co-founded by Vu Lam, CEO and Josh Lieberman. The company has its headquarters in Atlanta, GA, with an additional office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. In June 2013, QASymphony announced its proud sponsorship of Per Scholas and donated products in support of education programs. In 2015 QASymphony closed $2.5MM in Series A funding led by Buckhead Investment Partners (BIP Capital), Poplar Ventures, and KMS Technology. This investment will allow the company to further fund sales and marketing initiatives to accelerate its already rapid growth, including a close to 50% growth in Atlanta-based employees 
QASymphony released its first product, qTrace in February 2012 and in January 2014, shifted to a testing platform strategy and general availability of qTest, the main product, and qTest eXplorer, a replacement of qTrace. qTest eXplorer (formerly qTrace pro) is an agile testing solution that supports exploratory testing and session-based testing with collaboration, management and rich documentation capabilities.
Launched in February 2012, qTest is a test management platform that enables testing teams to manage all of their testing activities including test plan, requirements management, test design, test execution, defect tracking and report creation.
In 2015, along the introduction of a browser based and mobile eXplorer products, QASymphony is now bringing the recording power of eXplorer to Web testing on any Desktop OS (Mac, Linux, Windows) as well as to mobile app testing on iOS and Android. Additionally, qTest now provides a session manager which makes the tool the first in the industry to provide support for tracking the freestyle testing sessions used in exploratory, unscripted, and ad hoc testing.
- "Product Page – Testing maturity". QASymphony. June 13, 2011. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Priya, Geeta (Feb 21, 2013). "Interview with Vu Lam, CEO, Co-Founder at QASymphony". DeveloperIQ. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "QASymphony hires new Marketing VP to capitalize on growing demand for software development test-management solutions". The Wall Street Journal. May 1, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "QASymphony to Donate qTest and qTrace Software for Per Scholas Software Testing Education Program (STEP)". Press Release QASymphony. June 24, 2013. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150129005094/en/Agile-Testing-Software-Company-QASymphony-Raises-2.5MM#.VOJJv1PF82u. Missing or empty
- "QASymphony launches, introduces qTrace". Press Release QASymphony. May 14, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "QASymphony Rolls out Testing Platform qTest". Press Release QASymphony. January 23, 2014. Retrieved Feb 10, 2014.
- Bridgwater, Adrian (June 5, 2012). "Free Tool for Complex Defect Tracking". Dr. Dobb's Journal . Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Cruz, Victor (Feb 2012). "qTrace: A Love Letter to Testers of Cloud Apps". CloudTech . Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "QASymphony releases Cloud-based QA Testing Tool qTest". Press Release QASymphony. Feb 28, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Amin, Kaushal (May 3, 2013). "Product Review: qTest by QASymphony". SOA World Magazine. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- http://www.qasymphony.com/exciting-exploratory-testing-upgrades-in-december-releases/. Missing or empty
- "QASymphony to Partner with VersionOne to Help Teams Speed Agile Adoption via QA Collaboration". GlobeNewswire. August 13, 2012. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Bridgwater, Adrian (June 4, 2013). "qTrace Bug Capture Tool Integrates With Fog Creek’s FogBugz". Dr. Dobb's Journal. Retrieved July 18, 2013.