QIT Madagascar Minerals

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

QIT Madagascar Minerals (QMM) is a mining company located in the Fort-Dauphin region of southeastern Madagascar. After roughly 20 years of exploration, negotiations, and preliminary work, the company began production of the titanium dioxide ore, ilmenite. Initial capacity is projected at 750,000 tonnes per year, with future phases of development potentially expanding capacity to 2,000,000 tonnes per year. The mine is 80% owned by QIT-Fer et Titane, a wholly owned subsidiary of the mining giant Rio Tinto Group; the remaining 20% is owned by the government of Madagascar.[1]

References[edit]

  1. ^ "Rio Tinto QMM Madagascar Titanium Dioxide Mining Project". QMM web site. Rio Tinto Group. Retrieved March 11, 2009. 

External links[edit]