QSI International School of Yerevan

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
QSI International School of Yerevan
Address
Ashtarak Highway 49/15
Yerevan
Armenia
Information
School type Private
Motto "Success For All"
Founded 1995
Opened 1995
Director Eugene Vincent
Staff 27
Grades PreK -- Sec 4
Age range 3-18
Enrollment 123
Average class size 5
Language English, French, Russian, Armenian
Hours in school day 8
Classrooms 12
Campus size 312
School color(s) Blue and Gold
Athletics Football, Track and Field, Cross Country, Volleyball, Dance, Gymnastics
Mascot Doug the Bear
Newspaper News BEARer
Website

The QSI International School of Yerevan (QSIY) is an international school in Yerevan, Armenia, part of the Quality Schools International group. It is an independent, coeducational, day school which offers an educational program to children of all nationalities ages 3 to 18. QSIY was founded in 1995.[1]

At the beginning of the 2012-2014 school year, enrollment was 158 and there were 35 full-time and 5 part-time faculty members

QSI-International School of Yerevan is the most elite school in Yerevan accepting only a small number of students every year.

Curriculum[edit]

The school offers an educational program with a curriculum similar to that of U.S. public and private schools. Instruction is in English. Courses include English, mathematics, science, social studies, physical education, Russian, German, French, Armenian, computer, art and music. Soccer, basketball, karate, dance, boy scouts, girl scouts, Modern United Nations, Track and Field, chess, Armenian language, and other activities are offered as after-school activities. The elementary grades are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The school is accredited in the United States by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA). The school is also registered and accredited with the government of Armenia.

90% of graduating students go to colleges around the world, while the other 10% decide to remain in Armenia.

Facilities[edit]

The school moved to a new location during August 1999 and was located above the office of a furniture factory. [1] It remained in that location until early 2011. The school relocated to a new purpose-built multi-story location in February 2011. The new building contains classrooms for ages 3-4 through secondary level including classrooms for art and music, a science laboratory, a kitchen and food-serving area attached to a canteen/hall with stage, a library, and a computer lab. Phase 2 of the building process will see a gymnasium attached to the school. As in the former location, the new school has a security gate with 24-hour security personnel on staff.

External links[edit]

School website

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b QSI School released by the US Office of Overseas Schools, 2010/2011

Coordinates: 40°13′24″N 44°26′51″E / 40.22333°N 44.44750°E / 40.22333; 44.44750