Qantas Defence Services is a defense service company that was formerly a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas Airways. In August 2013, QDS was sold to Northrup Grumman for A$80m.
Qantas is providing increasing support for the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF):
- Partnered with EADS for the supply of Airbus A330 Multi Role Tanker Transport to replace the RAAF's Boeing 707s in the aerial refueling and strategic transport roles
- Lease to RAAF of 2 Boeing Business Jets, including maintenance
- Support of RAAF Boeing Wedgetail aircraft
- Repair, Overhaul and Engineering Support of the T-56 Turboprop Engine (powering the RAAF Fleet of C-130H and P-3C Aircraft)
- Repair and Overhaul of the Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk 871-05 Turbofan Engine (powering the RAAF Fleet of BAe Hawks)
- Deeper Level maintenance support of the RAAF's fleet of C-130 Hercules transport aircraft
- Maintenance and Engineering support of the RAAF's fleet of P&W R2000-7M2 engines installed on Caribou transport aircraft.