From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|• Also spelled||Qaryout (official)
Old men in Qaryut, 1990
|• Type||Village council|
Qaryout (Arabic: قريوت) is a Palestinian village of nearly 2,500 in the Nablus Governorate in the northern West Bank, located 28 kilometers (17 mi) southeast of Nablus. Western travelers identified Qaryut with the ancient Coreae.
- Taysir Khalid (born 1941), Palestinian politician
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Qaryut.|
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922 (PDF). Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 288)
- Guérin, Victor (1875). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 2: Samarie, pt. 2. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale. (p. 20)
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 238)
- Ritter, Carl (1886). The Comparative Geography of Palestine and the Sinaitic Peninsula 2. T. & T. Clark.
- Welcome To Qaryut
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 14: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- Qaryut Village Profile (including Jalud Locality), ARIJ
- Qaryut, areal photo, ARIJ
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|