|Number of teams||18|
|Promotion to||Qatar Stars League|
|Domestic cup(s)||Qatar 2nd Division Cup
Sheikh Jassem Cup
|Current champions||Al-Sailiya SC
|Most championships||Al-Sailiya SC
The league currently features six teams. It was announced on 15 April 2009 that no clubs would be relegated from the top flight in the Qatari League 2008-09 season, due to expansion reasons, however the announcement was made with only one game remaining. This meant that the Qatari Second Division would remain with the same number of teams despite the recent formation of Lekhwiya SC and El Jaish SC, while the top flight would expand to 12 teams. The top team is promoted to the Qatar Stars League. There is no relegation from the second division.
The league has an inaugural 2nd Division Cup which is played before the beginning of every season, which is typically in the beginning of November. This is in addition to the Sheikh Jassem Cup which is played in August.
On the 6 October 2013 it was announced that the league would be known as the QatarGas League due to sponsorship reasons.
Qatargas League Member Clubs
- Table as of 2013-14 Season
- 1998/99: Osama Adam (13 goals) 
- 2007/08: Gonzalo Gutiérrez (15 goals)
- 2008/09: Gonzalo Gutiérrez (14 goals)
- 2010/11: Abdulqadir Ilyas (12 goals)
- 2011/12: Michaël N'dri (16 goals)
- 2012/13: Jean-Paul Eale Lutula (13 goals)
- 2013/14: Ali Ferydoon (19 goals)
- Q-League expands to 12
- "Qatargas and QFA Sign 3 Year Sponsorship Agreement". QFA. 6 October 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- List of Champions - 2nd Division - QFA (Arabic)