Qazi Muhammad Farooq
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Justice (Retd.) Mr. Qazi Muhammad Farooq(Qazi Muhammad Irfan) Chief Election Commissioner Election Commission Of Pakistan) PH: +92-51-9201915
Personal Information: Date of Birth: 6 January 1938 (Abbottabad) Qualification:
- Passed Matriculation Examination from Dennys High School, Rawalpindi in 1954;
- Graduated from Gordon College, Rawalpindi in 1958;
- Obtain Degree of Bachelor of Laws from University Law College, Lahore in 1960;
- Practiced as a lawyer at abbottabad till 1967;joined P.C.S. (Judicial Branch) in 1967;
- Worked as Civil Judge at Charsadda, Lakki Marwat, Bannu and as Senior Civil Judge, Mardan till 1974;
- Promoted as additional District and Sessions Judge in July1974 and served as such at Haripur, abbottabad and Mansehra till April, 1977; during this period participated in 28th advanced Course in Public administration and Development at N.I.P.A., Lahore;
- Promoted as District and Session Judge in April, 1977 and worked as such at Mansehra, Bannu and Peshawar till September, 1982; During this period attended the 1st advanced Course in Shariah in the Institute of Shariah and Legal Profession, Islamabad as also the 1st advanced Course in Shariah in the Islamic University, Madina Munawara;
- Promoted to B.P.S. 20 in August 1982; appointed Provincial Election Commissioner, N.W.F.P. in September, 1982;
- Repatriated to Judiciary in January, 1988 and posted as Registrar, Peshawar High Court; during this period participated in the International Visitor Programme administration of Courts in the United States arranged by the United States Information agency and attended LAWASIA Trial Court administrators Conference held in Singapore from 3 to 8 April 1989; elevated to the Peshawar High Court on 29 September 1991;
- Visited Iran in 1992 as a member of the Supreme Court Delegation and attended a course on alternate Dispute Resolution in San Francisco (U.S.A) in July, 1998.
- appointed as Chief Justice Peshawar High Court on 12 May 1999 and retired on 5 January 2000.
- appointed as Judge Supreme Court of Pakistan on 4 February 2000 and retired on 31 December 2003. During this period remained member Law Reforms Commission, Judge-in-charge, Federal Judicial academy, Islamabad;
- Visited the Peoples Republic of China as a member of the Supreme Court Delegation and participated in the Australian Educators Forum held in Philippines on February 11 â€“ 14, 2003.
- appointed as member of Law and Justice Commission of Pakistan and Chairman, Committee of administration, al-Mizan Foundation in august, 2005.