|Rob van Holten; Leon Struijk|
Qbuzz was founded in 2008 by two former directors of Connexxion. Having a 49% stake in Qbuzz upon foundation, NS obtained the remaining 51% in 2013, resulting in Qbuzz being a 100% daughter of NS. Qbuzz has faced a number of legal challenges by established transport operators in the Netherlands.
Qbuzz started providing bus services in Friesland and Rotterdam; in 2009 it won the right to run bus services in Groningen and Drenthe from Arriva. Since December 2011, Qbuzz operates the bus and tram services in Utrecht using the name U-OV.
- List of bus companies
- List of tram and light rail transit systems
- List of railway companies
- Transportation in the Netherlands
- NS obtains remaining share in Qbuzz
- "’Qbuzz moest van de weg’". De Financiële Telegraaf. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "News from Groningen - Qbuzz Arriva and faced each other in court". RTVNoord.nl. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "Nieuws uit Groningen - Qbuzz stoot Arriva van de troon". RTVNoord.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "Qbuzz wins Utrecht sneltram concession". Railway Gazette International. 26 October 2010. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
Media related to Qbuzz at Wikimedia Commons
- Qbuzz – official website (Dutch)