The Glamorous Imperial Concubine
|The Glamorous Imperial Concubine|
|Also known as||Introduction of the Princess
|Mandarin||Qīng Shì Huángfēi|
|Cantonese||King1 Sai3 Wong4-fei1|
|Genre||fantasy, costume drama, romance, historical fiction, drama|
|Based on||Qing Shi Huangfei by Murong Yin'er|
|Written by||Zhang Yingjun
|Directed by||Lin Feng
|Presented by||Ouyang Changlin
|Opening theme||"Qing Shi Huangfei" (倾世皇妃/傾世皇妃) performed by Ruby Lin|
|Ending theme||"Qingting Wo" (倾听我/傾聽我) performed by Ruby Lin
"Qing Shi" (倾世/傾世) performed by Wallace Huo
|Country of origin||China|
|No. of episodes||42|
|Executive producer(s)||Lisa Tan|
|Running time||45 minutes per episode|
|Production company(s)||Beijing Heyin TV & Culture Co.
Ruby Lin Studio
|Distributor||Hunan Broadcasting System|
|Original channel||Hunan Television|
|Original run||30 September 2011 – 20 October 2011|
Qing Shi Huangfei, also known as The Glamorous Imperial Concubine or Introduction of the Princess, is a 2011 Chinese television series starring and produced by Ruby Lin. Based on a novel of the same title by Murong Yinr (simplified Chinese: 慕容湮儿; traditional Chinese: 慕容湮兒; pinyin: Mùróng Yīnr / Mùróng Yīner), it was Lin's producing debut.Multimedia released with English subtitles.
Ma Fuya (Ruby Lin) is a princess of the Chu state in 10th-century imperial China during the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period. In this time of warring kingdoms and political upheaval, Fuya's uncle usurps the throne, and brutally wipes out her family. Fuya bravely takes on the quest of avenging her family and restoring her kingdom, no matter the cost. Loved by both the Prince of Later Shu, Meng Qiyou (Kevin Yan) and the Prince of Northern Han, Liu Liancheng (Wallace Huo), the exiled princess becomes entrenched in the Shu court succession struggle, and the battle between their contending states. Rising to power amid war, romance, and betrayal, what fate awaits Fuya, her people, and her love?This story is very coplicated as the heroin ( Ruby Lin) goes through many changes and loses countless friends, family and lovers. Everyone seems to love her but through her love everyone loses their lives. It is by far one of the most tragic dramas to watch. The story ends with all scores settled but far to many deaths. It is one of the great love stories with many sacrifices for love which leaves Ma Fuya (Ruby Lin) at the end alone with only memories.
- Ruby Lin as Ma Fuya/Mei Ying - Princess of Chu
- Kevin Yan as Meng Qiyou - Eldest prince of Shu and Ma Fuya's true love.
- Wallace Huo as Liu Liancheng - Crown prince of Northern Han.
- Jennifer Hung as Ma Xiangyun - Ma Fuya's cousin, married with Liu Liancheng.
- Liu Zijiao as Liu Liansi - Liu Liancheng's sister and Ma Fuya's rival in love.
- Tony Yang as Liu Lianxi - Liu Liancheng's brother. He is good at use poison.
- Mao Zijun as Ma Duyun - Brother of Ma Fuya. After the memory loss, he was raised by Lianxi.
- Kara Hui as Du Feihong - Empress of Shu. Qiyou and Qixing's mother.
- Wang Lin as Han Zhaoyi - Kingdom of Shu Emperor's consorts.
- Dai Chunrong as Dowager Dugu - Mother of Liancheng.
- Qiu Shuang as Meng Qixing - Third prince of Shu.
- Miao Haojun as Hua Ziqiao - Eunuch Hua of Chu.
- Kang Qunzhi as Lin Muyi - Empress of Chu, Fuya's mother.
- Jiang Kai as Meng Zhixiang - Emperor of Shu.
- Tamia Liu as Wen Jingruo - Lady Jing. She is in love with Qi You.
- Wang Yu as Meng Qiyun - Second prince. Qiyou’s half brother whose mother is Mei.
- Zheng Kai as Han Ming - General of Later Shu. He loves Han Zhaoyi.
- Yang Kaichun as Yunzhu - Palace maid. And Fuya's best friend.
- Liu Yong as Ma Yin - Ruler of Chu, Fuya's father.
- Hao Zejia as Du Wan - Niece of Empress Du. She married with Qixing.
- Chen Chen as Su Yao - Fuya's friends, executed for being a spy.
- Hao Luofan as Xiaoxingan - Fuya family's faithful maid.
- Sun Xi as Mo Chou - White haired faithful servant of Empress Du.
- Bai Jie as Ping Zi
- Qiao Renliang as Zhao Kuangyin
- Zhou Yiwei as Chai Rong, prince of Zhou
- Zhang Xiaochen as Shenzhi, prince of Min
- Wu Xin
- Du Haitao
As her first production, Lin invited almost all actors herself, most of whom she had collaborated before, including Dai Chunrong and Miao Haojun in My Fair Princess (1998), Wang Lin in Romance in the Rain (2001), Wallace Huo in Sound of Colors (2006), Wang Yu in Ancestral Temple (2007), Tamia Liu in Da Li Princess (2009), Kang Qunzhi in Su Dongpo (2009) and Three Kingdoms (2010), Kevin Yan, Mao Zijun, Zhang Xiaochen and Du Junze (as well as Dai again) in Beauty's Rival in Palace (2010), and Zhou Yiwei in Monopoly Exposure (2011). Hao Luofan is Dai's daughter.
|Ruby Lin||Ma Fu Ya
|Beautiful, smart, resourceful, is compassionate to friends, but does not concede to hostility. She is the exiled Princess of the Kingdom of Chu, as her father's throne was usurped by her uncle, and she was forced to flee as he sent assassins after her. Firstly marrying the King of Shu, who gives her the title, Yi Fei. She later marries Lian Cheng, the King of Northern Han, who titles her Di Huang Fei.She never consumates marriage to Lian Cheng and stays faithful to King Shuh.|
|Kevin Yan||Meng Qi You
|The Prince of Shu, entangled in a power struggle between his father the King and Mother the Queen. He was raised believing that his mother never loved him, preferring his younger brother the Crown Prince, and that his father had wanted him to ascend to his throne. Eventually, after his father's death, because of his younger brother's cowardice regarding the invading Northern Han army, he was made the emperor instead of his younger brother. He later turned throne over to his 2 brother Yun.|
|Wallace Huo||Liu Lian Cheng
|He is the Crown Prince, and later the Emperor of Northern Han. Fu Ya's father had betrothed her to him when their kingdoms were forming an alliance. He searches for her in vain after she goes missing following the rebellion in the Kingdom of Chu. Though deeply in love with her, he is unsuccessful in obtaining Fu Ya's true love.He knew she did not love him but still wanted her with him he took a arrow and died for her.|
|Hong Xiao Ling||Ma Xiang Yun
|Cousin of Ma Fu Ya. Her father killed King of Chu (father of FuYa). She wants to become the Empress of Northern Han, not only because of her infatuation for Lian Cheng but also due to her strong, selfish desire for power. Xiang Yun was extremely jealous of Fu Ya and blames Fu Ya for all her misfortunes and failures.|
|Tony Yang||Liu Lian Xi
|A master in medicine, poison and the martial arts. Lian Cheng's cold-hearted half brother and close ally, Lian Xi admires and trusts his older brother.He ended up with the Kingdom of Han after his brother died.|
|Qiu Shuang||Meng Qi Xing
|QiYou's younger brother. He desires for FuYa to be his wife. The Crown Prince and later Emperor of the Kingdom of Shu. Although pathetic and immature, he was loving and kind. Later, under the influence of his Empress, he became foolish and cold-hearted. He hated Qi You after discovering that he was in love with Fu Ya. He was to young to understand being an Emperor and scared of everything.|
|Liu Zi Jiao||Liu Lian Si
|Lian Cheng's younger sister. After Qi You was captured by Lian Cheng, she fell in love with Qi You. Aware of Qi You’s love for Fu Ya, she befriends her in order to get closer to him. Selfish and arrogant, she later betrays Fu Ya in her jealousy. She is never able to obtain Qi You's love.She tricked Qi and had his baby he never cared for anyone but MaFuya.|
- Qing Shi Huangfei (simplified Chinese: 一倾世皇妃; traditional Chinese: 一傾世皇妃; The Glamorous Imperial Concubine)
- Qingting Wo (simplified Chinese: 一倾听我; traditional Chinese: 一傾聽我; Listen to me) performed by Ruby Lin
- Qing Shi (simplified Chinese: 一倾世; traditional Chinese: 一傾世; ) performed by Wallace Huo
2011 YOUKU annual award
- Won: Best producer - Ruby Lin
- Won: Best actress - Ruby Lin
- Won: Most appealing actor - Wallace Huo
- Won: Top 10 TV drama of the year
- Won: Best supporting actor - Mao Zi Jun
- Won: Best supporting actress - Hong Xiao Ling
- Won: Best producer - Ruby Lin
- Won: Most popular actor - Kevin Yan
Dragon TV Awards
- Won : Most favorite TV series of the year
TVshow Entertainment Awards
- Won : Best Actress of the Year - Ruby Lin
- Won : Most Favorite Female Character
- Nom : Best Supporting Actress of the Year - Kara Hui
2012 Vietnam DAN Movie Awards
- Won : Most favorite actress (Taiwan region)
- Nom : Most favorite TV series
- Won : Most favorite character - Ma Fu Ya
2012 Annual Jeanwest Entertainment Awards
- Won : Best TV actress - Ruby Lin
- Won : Popular actor - Kevin Yan
2012 China Hua Ding Awards
- Nominated : Most favorite TV actress - Ruby Lin
- Nominated : Best actress for ancient TV series
- From the first episode, it ranked 1st place at a same time slot (Source:CNS 27)
- "Audience members said they were surprised by almost every episode" --- China CCTV
|Country||TV Network||Series Premiere||Alternate title|
|China||Hunan TV||30 September 2011||倾世皇妃 (Qing Shi Huangfei)|
|Taiwan||CTV||22 November 2011||傾世皇妃 (Qing Shi Huangfei)|
|Korea||Chung Hua TV||7 January 2012||경세황비 (Gyeong Se Hwang Bi)|
|USA||ICN TV network||7 February 2012||The Glamorous Imperial Concubine|
|Malaysia||ASTRO||March 2012||The Glamorous Imperial Concubine|
|Vietnam||Today TV||21 June 2012||Khuynh Thế Hoàng Phi|
|Hong Kong||TVB Paid channel||25 July 2012||倾世皇妃|
|Japan||LaLa TV||2 December 2013||傾城の皇妃～乱世を駆ける愛と野望～|
- Ruby Lin's "Glamorous Imperial Concubine" Off To Strong Start oneasianworld. 3 October 2011
- Sina official page sina entertainment Retrieved 25 March 2011
- 林心如献唱《倾世皇妃》主题曲 方文山亲自操刀. 163.com August 3, 2011.
- 林心如邀徐若瑄吴克羣打造《倾世皇妃》主题曲. sina.com August 12, 2011.
- 林心如获"最佳制作人""最佳女主角"两项大奖. 163.com December 16, 2012.
- 国剧盛典现场--林心如获最佳制片人. Sina.com December 31, 2012.
- Qing Shi Huang Fei ranks high CNTV.com Retrieved 9 October 2011
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine on Sina.com
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine 's official weibo
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine on HBS
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine on QQ.com
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine page on CTV website