The Glamorous Imperial Concubine
|The Glamorous Imperial Concubine
The Glamorous Imperial Concubine's intertitle
|Also known as||Qing Shi Huangfei or Introduction of the Princess|
|Genre||fantasy, costume drama, romance, historical fiction, drama|
|Written by||Murong Yinr (original story)|
|Directed by||Liang Xinquan|
|Opening theme||Qing Shi Huangfei (倾世皇妃/傾世皇妃) performed by Ruby Lin|
|Ending theme||Qingting Wo (倾听我/傾聽我) performed by Ruby Lin
Qing Shi (simplified Chinese: 倾世; traditional Chinese: 傾世) performed by Wallace Huo
|Country of origin||China|
|No. of episodes||42|
|Executive producer(s)||Gao Xixi|
|Running time||45 minutes per episode|
|Production company(s)||Beijing Heyin TV & Culture Co.
Ruby Lin Studio
|Distributor||Hunan Satellite TV|
|Original channel||Hunan Broadcasting System: Hunan Satellite TV|
|Original run||30 September 2011 – 20 October 2011|
|The Glamorous Imperial Concubine|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Qīng Shì Huángfēi|
The Glamorous Imperial Concubine, also known as Qing Shi Huangfei and Introduction of the Princess is a Chinese television series based on a novel of the same title by writer Murong Yinr (simplified Chinese: 慕容湮儿; traditional Chinese: 慕容湮兒; pinyin: Mùróng Yīnr / Mùróng Yīner). This television series is Lin's producer debut.
Ma Fuya (Ruby Lin) is a princess of the Chu state in 10th-century imperial China during the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period. In this time of warring kingdoms and political upheaval, Fuya's uncle usurps the throne, and brutally wipes out her family. Fuya bravely takes on the quest of avenging her family and restoring her kingdom, no matter the cost. Loved by both the Prince of Later Shu, Meng Qiyou (Kevin Yan) and the Prince of Northern Han, Liu Liancheng (Wallace Huo), the exiled princess becomes entrenched in the Shu court succession struggle, and the battle between their contending states. Rising to power amid war, romance, and betrayal, what fate awaits Fuya, her people, and her love?
- Ruby Lin as Ma Fuya/Mei Ying - Princess of Chu
- Kevin Yan as Meng Qiyou - Eldest prince of Shu and Ma Fuya's true love.
- Wallace Huo as Liu Liancheng - Crown prince of Northern Han.
- Jennifer Hong as Ma Xiangyun - Ma Fuya's cousin, married with Liu Liancheng.
- Liu Zi Jiao as Liu Liansi - Liu Liancheng's sister and Ma Fuya's rival in love.
- Tony Yang as Liu Lianxi - Liu Liancheng's brother. He is good at use poison.
- Mao Zi Jun as Ma Duyun - Brother of Ma Fuya. After the memory loss, he was raised by Lianxi.
- Kara Hui as Du Feihong - Empress of Shu. Qiyou and Qixing's mother.
- Wang Lin as Han Zhaoyi - Kingdom of Shu Emperor's consorts.
- Dai Chunrong as Dowager Dugu - Mother of Liancheng.
- Qiu Shuang as Meng Qixing - Third prince of Shu.
- Miao Hao Jun as Hua Ziqiao - Eunuch Hua of Chu.
- Kang Quin Zhi as Lin Muyi - Empress of Chu, Fuya's mother.
- Jiang Kai as Meng Zhixiang - Emperor of Shu.
- Tamia Liu as Wen Jingruo - Lady Jing. She is in love with Qi You.
- Wang Yu as Meng Qiyun - Secend prince. Qiyou’s half brother whose mother is Mei.
- Zheng Kai as Han Ming - General of Later Shu. He loves Han Zhaoyi.
- Yang Kaichun as Yunzhu - Palace maid. And Fuya's best friend.
- Liu Yong as Ma Yin - Ruler of Chu, Fuya's father.
- Hao Ze Jia as Du Wan - Niece of Empress Du. She married with Qixing.
- Chen Chen as Su Yao - Fuya's friends, executed for being a spy.
- Hao Luofan as Xiaoxin Gan - Fuya family's faithful maid.
- Sun Xi as Mo Chou - White haired faithful servant of Empress Du.
- Bai Jie as Ping Zi
- Qiao Renliang as Zhao Kuangyin
- Zhou Yiwei as Chai Rong, prince of Zhou
- Zhang Xiaochen as Shenzhi, prince of Min
- Wu Xin as palace maid 
|Ruby Lin||Ma Fu Ya
|Beautiful, smart, resourceful, is compassionate to friends, but does not concede to hostility. She is the exiled Princess of the Kingdom of Chu, as her father's throne was usurped by her uncle, and she was forced to flee as he sent assassins after her. Firstly marrying the King of Shu, who gives her the title, Yi Fei. She later marries Lian Cheng, the King of Northern Han, who titles her Di Huang Fei.|
|Kevin Yan||Meng Qi You
|The Prince of Shu, entangled in a power struggle between his father the King and Mother the Queen. He was raised believing that his mother never loved him, preferring his younger brother the Crown Prince, and that his father had wanted him to ascend to his throne. Eventually, after his father's death, because of his younger brother's cowardice regarding the invading Northern Han army, he was made the emperor instead of his younger brother.|
|Wallace Huo||Liu Lian Cheng
|He is the Crown Prince, and later the Emperor of Northern Han. Fu Ya's father had betrothed her to him when their kingdoms were forming an alliance. He searches for her in vain after she goes missing following the rebellion in the Kingdom of Chu. Though deeply in love with her, he is unsuccessful in obtaining Fu Ya's true love.|
|Hong Xiao Ling||Ma Xiang Yun
|Cousin of Ma Fu Ya. Her father killed King of Chu(father of FuYa). She wants to become the Empress of Northern Han, not only because of her infatuation for Lian Cheng but also due to her strong, selfish desire for power. Xiang Yun was extremely jealous of Fu Ya and blames Fu Ya for all her misfortunes and failures.|
|Tony Yang||Liu Lian Xi
|A master in medicine, poison and the martial arts. Lian Cheng's cold-hearted half brother and close ally, Lian Xi admires and trusts his older brother.|
|Qiu Shuang||Meng Qi Xing
|QiYou's younger brother. He desires for FuYa to be his wife. The Crown Prince and later Emperor of the Kingdom of Shu. Although pathetic and immature, he was loving and kind. Later, under the influence of his Empress, he became foolish and cold-hearted. He hated Qi You after discovering that he was in love with Fu Ya.|
|Liu Zi Jiao||Liu Lian Si
|Lian Cheng's younger sister. After Qi You was captured by Lian Cheng, she fell in love with Qi You. Aware of Qi You’s love for Fu Ya, she befriends her in order to get closer to him. Selfish and arrogant, she later betrays Fu Ya in her jealousy. She is never able to obtain Qi You's love.|
- Qing Shi Huangfei (simplified Chinese: 一倾世皇妃; traditional Chinese: 一傾世皇妃; The Glamorous Imperial Concubine)
- Qingting Wo (simplified Chinese: 一倾听我; traditional Chinese: 一傾聽我; Listen to me) performed by Ruby Lin
- Qing Shi (simplified Chinese: 一倾世; traditional Chinese: 一傾世; ) performed by Wallace Huo
2011 YOUKU annual award
- Won: Best producer - Ruby Lin
- Won: Best actress - Ruby Lin
- Won: Most appealing actor - Wallace Huo
- Won: Top 10 TV drama of the year
- Won: Best supporting actor - Mao Zi Jun
- Won: Best supporting actress - Hong Xiao Ling
- Won: Best producer - Ruby Lin
- Won: Most popular actor - Kevin Yan
Dragon TV Awards
- Won : Most favorite TV series of the year
TVshow Entertainment Awards
- Won : Best Actress of the Year - Ruby Lin
- Won : Most Favorite Female Character
- Nom : Best Supporting Actress of the Year - Kara Hui
2012 Vietnam DAN Movie Awards
- Won : Most favorite actress (Taiwan region)
- Nom : Most favorite TV series
- Won : Most favorite character - Ma Fu Ya
2012 Annual Jeanwest Entertainment Awards
- Won : Best TV actress - Ruby Lin
- Won : Popular actor - Kevin Yan
2012 China Hua Ding Awards
- Nominated : Most favorite TV actress - Ruby Lin
- Nominated : Best actress for ancient TV series
- From the first episode, it ranked 1st place at a same time slot(Source:CNS 27)
- "Audience members said they were surprised by almost every episode" --- China CCTV
|Country||TV Network||Series Premiere||Alternate title|
|China||Hunan TV||30 September 2011||倾世皇妃 (Qing Shi Huangfei)|
|Taiwan||CTV||22 November 2011||傾世皇妃 (Qing Shi Huangfei)|
|Korea||Chung Hua TV||7 January 2012||경세황비 (Gyeong Se Hwang Bi)|
|USA||ICN TV network||7 February 2012||The Glamorous Imperial Concubine|
|Malaysia||ASTRO||March 2012||The Glamorous Imperial Concubine|
|Vietnam||Today TV||21 June 2012||Khuynh Thế Hoàng Phi|
|Hong Kong||TVB Paid channel||25 July 2012||倾世皇妃|
- Ruby Lin's "Glamorous Imperial Concubine" Off To Strong Start oneasianworld. 3 October 2011
- Sina official page sina entertainment Retrieved 25 March 2011
- 林心如献唱《倾世皇妃》主题曲 方文山亲自操刀. 163.com August 3, 2011.
- 林心如邀徐若瑄吴克羣打造《倾世皇妃》主题曲. sina.com August 12, 2011.
- 林心如获"最佳制作人""最佳女主角"两项大奖. 163.com December 16, 2012.
- 国剧盛典现场--林心如获最佳制片人. Sina.com December 31, 2012.
- Qing Shi Huang Fei ranks high CNTV.com Retrieved 9 October 2011
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine on Sina.com
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine 's official weibo
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine on HBS
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine on QQ.com
- (Chinese) The Glamorous Imperial Concubine page on CTV website