|Location||Qiqihar, Heilongjiang, China|
|Former names||Qiqihar Institute of Light Industry|
Qiqihar University (Chinese: 齐齐哈尔大学; pinyin: Qíqíhāěr Dàxué) is an institution for higher education, founded in 1953 and located in Qiqihar city of Heilongjiang province in northeast China. Its campus has an area of 1.15 km². It is the only provincial, comprehensive, regular institution of higher learning in the western part of Heilongjiang Province.
It is located beside Labor Lake in the city of Qiqihar. Covering an area of 1.25 square kilometers with a building area of 720,000 square meters, it is nicknamed 'The Round Lake University' and has been awarded titles such as 'Garden University' and 'Provincial Model Unit' by the Heilongjiang Provincial Committee of the CPC and the People's Government of Heilongjiang Province.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Computer and Control Engineering
- Life Sciences and Engineering
- Physical Education
- Foreign Languages
- Economics and Management
- Light Industry and Textiles
- Mechanical Engineering
- Communication and Electronic Engineering
- Education and Communication
- International Exchange
The university has several teaching and auxiliary teaching departments: a Computer Center, a Network and Audio-visual Education Center, a Department of Social Sciences, Libraries, and the Hermann Gmeiner Vocational Technical School. This is a cooperative program with SOS Children's Villages International.
- High Polymer Material and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering and Technology
- Light Chemical Engineering
- Management of Business Administration
- Applied Chemistry
- Genetics and Analytical Chemistry
Qiqihar University consists of 1347 full-time teachers, 72 of which hold doctoral degrees and 679 holding master's degrees. Nineteen experts enjoy special national government allowances. Three are tutors of postgraduate candidates, 168 are tutors of graduate candidates, 167 are professors, and 442 are associate professors.
- Qiqihar University library consisting of 2,106,200 volumes
- 6 electronic reading rooms
- 6 reading rooms specializing in social sciences or foreign language materials
- 107 classrooms functioning as modernized language labs
- Multi-media classrooms
- 2 distance online teaching record-anchor multimedia classrooms
The school and students are further provided with 14 distance network classrooms, a gymnasium, a stadium, a swimming pool and a music hall which are first-class in the province.
Three academic periodicals are published at home and abroad:
- The Journal of Qiqihar University (Philosophy and Social Science Edition)
- The Journal of Qiqihar University (Natural Science Edition)
- The Journal of Science of the Teachers College and University
Exchange and international cooperation
The university has established inter-collegiate contacts domestically and abroad and has had academic exchanges with 24 colleges from eight foreign countries including the U.S.A., Great Britain, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Canada, Austria, and Ireland.