Qlucore is a company from Lund, Sweden, that provides bioinformatics software for the life science and biotech industries. The founders are Thoas Fioretos, professor and senior consultant at the Division of Clinical Genetics at Lund University Hospital, Johan Råde, associate professor of mathematics at Lund University, Magnus Fontes, professor of mathematics at Lund University and Qlucore president Carl-Johan Ivarsson. Today, Qlucore products are used in 23 countries. The firm’s main product, Qlucore Omics Explorer, combines statistical methods with real time visualization and an intuitive user interface, making it easier for biomedical scientists to analyze their own data, or together with a bioinformatics specialist. The core software engine visualizes the data in 3D as well as 2D and can therefore help the user to identify hidden structures and patterns. The combination of visualization, advanced statistical methods and an easy-to-use click and point user interface have helped many scientists with their research. Go to www.qlucore.com/referenes.aspx to see a list of scientific publications referring to Qlucore.
The software Qlucore Omics Explorer can be used to analyze data sets such as
- Gene expression: RNA-seq, microarrays, real-time PCR
- MicroRNA: microarrays, real-time PCR
- DNA methylation: microarrays
- Protein expression: microarrays, antibody arrays, 2-D gels
- Metabolomics data
- Any multivariate data of size up to 1000 x 100,000
Since 2007, a new version of the software has been released approximately every nine months. At the Qlucore website you can download a free trial version and watch demonstration videos to learn more.
- BBC: Read about how Qlucore Omics Explorer is used at King's College in London to analyze gene expression data from worms. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8386807.stm
- SP2 Magazine: Read about how Qlucore solution enables new working models for biologists and statisticians. Page 33 and onwards. http://www.labnews.co.uk/laboratory_article.php/4795/5/getting-through-the-data-maze
- Labnews: Example were Qlucore Omics Explorer is used in leukemia research. http://view.vcab.com/?vcabid=eppScaelnSgcnph
- Novo Newton Scientific Ltd : New alliance increases Qlucore's sales and marketing presence in Ireland, Spain, Italy and South Africa. http://www.novonewton.com/novo-newton-scientific-news-alert
|This bioinformatics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|