|Stable release||2.2.0 / December 16, 2011|
QtRuby hello world
require 'Qt4' app = Qt::Application.new(ARGV) hello = Qt::PushButton.new('Hello World!') hello.resize(100, 30) hello.show app.exec
The Korundum documentation proposes a more "rubyish" version of this program.
Notable applications that use QtRuby
- Kubeplayer, a video player dedicated to play online videos.
- Kaya, a Qt/KDE-based application to play chess, shogi and variants thereof.
Status and Maintenance
Currently, QtRuby is maintained (if at all) as part of Korundum. Binary packages (for Debian, Fedora, ...) are stuck at Ruby1.8. The source release qt4-qtruby-2.2.0 of December 2011 supports Ruby1.9 as well as 1.8.
Certainly, it is now progressive, and it will be updated.
- Official web sites:
- http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Ruby Home page, with some documentation and useful links
- http://rubyforge.org/projects/korundum/ Download location
- Communication channels (very low traffic):
- Helper applications: