From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some common types of an energy carrier approximately equal 1 quad are:
- 8,007,000,000 Gallons (US) of gasoline
- 293,083,000,000 Kilowatt-hours (kWh)
- 33.434 gigawatt-years (GWy)
- 36,000,000 Tonnes of coal
- 970,434,000,000 Cubic feet of natural gas
- 5,996,000,000 UK gallons of diesel oil
- 25,200,000 Tonnes of oil
- 252,000,000 Tonnes of TNT or five times the energy of the Tsar Bomba nuclear test.
- 13.3 Tonnes of Uranium-235
- "Energy: Glossary". Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. "QUAD: an amount of energy equal to 1015 BTU."
- Energy Information Administration (2006-07-31). "World Consumption of Primary Energy by Energy Type and Selected Country" (Excel spreadsheet). International Energy Annual 2004. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
|This standards- or measurement-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|