From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Quadrant, quadrant, or quadrants in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Not to be confused with quartile.
Quadrant may refer to:
Primary (geometrical) meanings:
- A sector equal to one quarter of a circle, or half a semicircle, see Circular sector
- Quadrant (plane geometry), a sector of a two-dimensional cartesian coordinate system
- Quadrant (solid geometry)
- A quadrant or section in a city street nomenclature system, see Address (geography)#Quadrants
- Quadrant (anatomy), a division of the abdominal cavity
- Quadrant (architecture) a building which arcs in 90 degree manner
- Quadrant (astronomy), a rectangular division of the celestial sphere
- Quadrant (dentistry), a division of the dentition in humans and other species
- Galactic quadrant, one of four circular sectors in the division of the Milky Way galaxy
- Quadrant (instrument), an angle or time measuring instrument
- Quadrant (motorcycles), one of the earliest British motorcycle manufacturers, established in Birmingham in 1901
- Quadrant Cycle Company, 1899 manufacturers in Britain of the Quadrant motorcar
- Quadrant (magazine), an Australian journal
- Quadrant (album), a 1977 album by Joe Pass and Milt Jackson
Names of places etc.
- Quadrant Bus Station, Swansea Wales
- Quadrant Shopping Centre, Swansea, Wales
- Quadrant Park, a nightclub in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Quadrant:MK, Network Rail's headquarters campus in Milton Keynes
- HMS Quadrant (G11), a Second World War British/Australian warship
- First Quebec Conference, 1943 (codenamed "QUADRANT")
- Quadrant Records, an independent record label
- Triumph Quadrant, a four-cylinder motorcycle
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.