|Key people||Polina Braunstein
(President & CEO)
Quake Global is a technology company that both designs and implements machine-to-machine (M2M) satellite modems. In 2012, Quake Global received an Inc. 5000 rank of 82 in the San Diego Metro Area. The company is based in San Diego.
Quake Global was founded in 1994. It specializes in creating tracking and monitoring modems, which can be used in conjunction with cellular, GPS, and satellite technology. Quake Global's product allows its customers to track and monitor their assets to maximize efficiency. They service companies in the heavy equipment, aviation, maritime and trucking sectors.
In 2010, Quake Global purchased transportation-tracking company, Stellar Satellite Communications, from Orbcomm. In 2012, Quake acquired Odin, a radio-frequency identification (RFID) company. This enabled Quake Global to enter the healthcare sector and marked its introduction to the RFID market. It also is a significant milestone in Quake Global's goal to be the leader in RF M2M technology. Companies in 50 different countries utilize Odin's patented RFID technology, and the company holds ten patents.
In 2012, Quake Global partnered with SkyWave Global Communications to create Q-Pro. This technology was implemented in the Russian Federations Inmarsat satellite network. Q-Pro can transmit data quickly and efficiently. Quake's long list of other clients include Volvo, Komatsu, Caterpillar, Hitachi, Faria, Bell Equipment.
Polina Braunstein is the president and CEO of Quake Global. She took the post in 2003. In 2009, Braunstein was a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Born in Russia, she received a Master of Science in business and industrial engineering from Novocherkassk State Polytechnic University. Braunstein was nominated as a Top Influential Nominee in 2011.
Awards and recognition
Quake Global reported revenue of $26.2 million in 2011 and has a three-year growth of 30%. In 2008 and 2009, it was listed on the Deloitte & Touche Technology Fast 500, which chronicles the fastest-growing private technology companies.
- "Quake Global". INC. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Mike Freeman (July 18, 2010). "Quake Global on the right track". UT Sandiego. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "SeeControl Adds Quake Global Products to its Mixed-Fleet Agriculture and Heavy Equipment Telematics Solutions". See Control. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Lenny Braunstein (March 10, 2010). "How Satellite Tracking Systems Can Both Save and Make Money". UT Sandiego. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Quake Global Acquires ODIN RFID". Business Wire. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Orbcomm Sells Stellar Satellite Communications Subsidiary to Quake Global". Satellite Today. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Claire Swedberg (January 15, 2013). "ODIN, Acquired by Quake Global, Releases iPad-based Solution". RFID Journal. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Polina Braunstein". Yatedo. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Top Influential Nominees". SDDT. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "QUAKE Global and SkyWave Bring Satellite M2M Solutions to the Russian Heavy Equipment Market". Skywave. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Quake Global Adds Inmarsat Network Capability to Q-Pro Modem". Satellite Today. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Company Overview of QUAKE Global, Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2 April 2013.