|Private Family Owned|
Chairman & CEO
The head office of Quality Supermarket is located along at 4 Martin Road, Old Kampala, Kampala Central Division, in the city's central business district. The coordinates of Quality Supermarkets' headquarters are:0°19'00.0"N, 32°34'12.0"E (Latitude:0.316667; Longitude:32.570000).
The supermarket chain owns and operates four supermarkets in Uganda; all located in Kampala, the capital of Uganda, or its suburbs. Uganda is the third-largest economy in the East African Community. Quality Supermarkets is one of the largest locally-owned supermarket chain in the country. Founded in 1980, the family-owned store chain is managed and operated by the family that founded the store chain.
As of August 2014[update] the supermarket chain maintains branches at the following locations:
- Central Kampala - 4 Martin Street, Old Kampala, Kampala
- Lubowa Branch - Quality Shopping Village, Lubowa, Wakiso District
- Ntinda Branch - Ntinda Shopping Mall, Ntinda-Bukoto Road, Ntinda, Kampala
- Naalya Branch - Quality Shopping Mall, Naalya-Kyaliwajjala Road, Naalya, Kira Municipality, Wakiso District.
- Google, . "Location of Quality Supermarkets Headquarters At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- UOWD, . (12 January 2012). "Top Ten Supermarkets In Kampala". Uganda Radio Network (URN). Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Ogwang, Joel (5 May 2012). "From Grass To Grace, Quality Supermarket Has Proved Resilient". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Supermarkets Kicking Local Bakeries Out of Business
- The Growth of Supermarkets And Its Implications for Smallholders In Uganda
- Supermarkets Brand Own Products In Search of Bigger Profit Margins