Quang X. Pham
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1986-200?|
|Battles/wars||Persian Gulf War|
|Other work||Businessman, Politician|
Quang Pham, a Vietnamese American, was born in 1964, in Saigon, South Vietnam. He is a business owner, Marine Corps veteran, author and community leader who has lived in Orange County, California since 1990. Pham ran for Congress in the 47th Congressional District to defeat Loretta Sanchez.
During the invasion of South Vietnam by the Communist North Vietnamese Army, Quang, his three sisters, and his mother left their ancestral homeland, while the Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN) was defending their country and its capital city of Saigon. His father, Hoa Van Pham, a member of the South Vietnamese Air Force, remained in South Vietnam and was captured by the North Vietnamese Army while he was supporting the Republic of Vietnam, resulting in his twelve years in re-education/prison camps.
He is a renowned author and wrote, A Sense of Duty: Our Journey from Vietnam to America.
In 2000, he founded Lathian Systems, a pharmaceutical promotions company, raised $14 million from investors, and was chairman and CEO. D&R Communications acquired Lathian in 2012. He has served on the boards of the Marines Memorial Association, Orange County Forum, and Chapman University Business School Board of Advisers.
- "Now talk of exiting the war in Iraq has increased. What will happen to the Iraqis who believed in us? Will we let them down too?"
On March 26, 2010 the US Army War College held a question and answer with Quang X. Pham where he discussed his book and American involvement in Vietnam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ_k5yY3wZ8
- Bernard Edelman (28 May 2003). "From Refugee to Marine Corps Major, He Bridges Cultures and Generations". Top Vets. Veterans Advantage, Inc. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- Pham, Quang X. (27 June 2005). "Duty and deceit". The Boston Globe.
- Interview on A Sense of Duty at the Pritzker Military Library
- Quang Pham Leaves Race To Unseat Rep. Loretta Sanchez
- From Vietnamese refugee to pilot: Memoir reflects on Nam, feelings on duty, family
- Ford's Finest Legacy - written by Quang X. Pham
- Duty and deceit - written by Quang X. Pham
- Review of A Sense of Duty; My Father, My American Journey by Quang X. Pham