Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry
Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry Third Edition (ISBN 978-0-85404-433-7), also known as the Green Book, published in Aug 2007 by IUPAC is based on the most up to date sources for fundamental constants, data and nomenclature in the field of chemistry and physics. Information in the Green book is synthesized from IUPAC, IUPAP and ISO recommendations including in part on the IUPAP red book and the ISO 31 standards.
The second edition of Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry (ISBN 0-632-03583-8), also known as the Green Book, establishing standards for nomenclature in chemistry.
The green books are direct successors to the "Manual of Symbols and Terminology for Physicochemical Quantities and Units" prepared for publication on behalf of the Physical Chemistry Division of IUPAC by M. L. McGlashen in 1969. A full history of the 'Green Books" is provided in the historical Introduction to the 3rd Edition. The 2nd and 3rd editions have been made available online as PDF files. External Links (below).
See also 
- Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry (the Blue Book)
- Nomenclature of Inorganic Chemistry (the Red Book)
- Compendium of Chemical Terminology (the Gold Book)
- Compendium of Analytical Nomenclature (the Orange Book)
- "Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry", IUPAC Green Book, 3rd Edition ( E.R. Cohen, T. Cvitas, J.G. Frey, B. Holmström, K. Kuchitsu, R. Marquardt, I. Mills, F. Pavese, M. Quack, J. Stohner, H.L. Strauss, M. Takami, and A.J. Thor, "Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry", IUPAC Green Book, 3rd Edition, 2nd Printing, IUPAC & RSC Publishing, Cambridge (2008))
- 2nd edition
- IUPAC Nomenclature Books Series (commonly known as the "Colour Books")
- IUPAP Official Website
|This chemistry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|