|Stable release||5.1.2 / 2Q 2014|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
Quantrix is a spreadsheet program modeled after the pioneering Lotus Improv, and introduced by Lighthouse Design for NeXTSTEP and OPENSTEP in the early '90s when Lotus stopped selling Improv. Like Improv, Quantrix has been adopted primarily by the financial industry, where its ability to manipulate various “categories” or "dimensions" makes it easy to view forecasts, budgets, risk analysis, financial projections and all types of complex data modeling.
The first version of Quantrix on the NeXT/OPENSTEP platform was discontinued when Lighthouse Design was acquired by Sun Microsystems in 1996. Peter Murray, founder and CTO of Quantrix led the Lighthouse Quantrix development team at the time, but did not go to Sun. He decided in early 2002 to rejuvenate the concept from scratch with modern day technologies, which is when the current Quantrix (Modeler) began to take shape.
In January 2014, Quantrix announced their Hosted Collaboration Qloud. The combination of Quantrix Modeler plus Quantrix Qloud is ideal for companies with distributed operations that need to provide a holistic view of consolidated financial data to all involved in business planning and decision-making. The combined solution also enables consultancies to develop and deliver interactive models to clients with real-time data. This Quantrix-hosted solution will free IT departments and consultancies alike from the time and expense of supporting servers and other infrastructure.
In October 2014, Quantrix extended their offering to include the Quantrix Enterprise Qloud as an enhancement to their existing cloud offering. It enables companies to take the Qloud software and host it internally, eliminating the concern around data sovereignty and privacy.
- "IDBS Acquires Quantrix to Provide Integrated Business Intelligence and Modeling Solutions to a Global Customer Base". ID Business Solutions. August 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "Quantrix Qloud Improves Collaborative Business Planning and Information Sharing". Quantrix. January 14, 2014.
- "Quantrix delivers private cloud solution for Qloud". Quantrix. October 22, 2014.
The following reference information was retrieved from Quantrix's web site.
- Using XBRL and Quantrix Modeler to Analyze Financial Statements: by Professor Luca Erzegovesi of University of Trento, Italy.
- Quantrix and Excel: 3 Key Differences
- Quantrix Modeler Financial Modeling Software v2.1 Unveiled: SDA Asia Magazine.
- Simplicity is Golden: Quantrix discussed by CFO Magazine.
- Product tour: A "tour" of the Quantrix Modeler, presented with Macromedia Flash.*
- "Who's behind the new dimension in modeling?"
- Beyond Excel: A PC Magazine review of Quantrix Modeler 1.2 Professional Edition.
- Excel Reloaded: Metamac Magazine. PDF in German language.
- Making It On Their Own: CIO Magazine.
- Quantrix takes on Excel: SearchSMB.com.
- Calling All Spreadsheet Geeks: PC Magazine.