|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
|Quchan at GEOnet Names Server|
Quchan (Persian: قوچان Qučān pronounced [quˈtʃɑːn, ɢoˈtʃɒːn]; also Romanized as Qūchān and Quçan; also known as Gochan) is a city in and capital of Quchan County, in Razavi Khorasan Province, Iran. It is located due south of the border city of Ashgabat. At the 2006 census, its population was 96,953, in 25,066 families.
Quchan is in the north-east of Iran in Razavi Khorasan Province at an elevation of 1,149 meters above sea level north of the Shah Jahan Mountains. It is located south of the border with Turkmenistan. Quchan is connected by road to Mashhad, 125 km southeast and Turkmenistan, 100 km north.
Grains and wine are among the district's produce.
college and university in quchan
Quchan University of Advanced Technologies Engineering
Islamic azad university-quchan branch
A devastating earthquake in 1893 killed 10,000 residents in Quchan. The U.S. press reported on January 28, 1894 that, "The bodies of ten thousand victims of the awful disaster have already been recovered. Fifty thousand cattle were destroyed at the same time. The once important and beautiful city of twenty thousand people is now only a scene of death, desolation, and terror."
- Quchan can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3080451" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (EXCEL) on 2011-11-11.
- Hollingsworth, J.; Jackson J., Waler R., Gheitanchi M.R. & Bolourchi M.J. (2006). "Strike-slip faulting, rotation, and along-strike elongation in the Kopeh Dagh mountains, NE Iran" (PDF). Geophysical Journal International (Royal Astronomical Society) 166: 1161–1177. doi:10.1111/j.1365-246x.2006.02983.x. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- ^ Allen, Thomas Gaskell Jr; Sachtleben, William Lewis (1894). Across Asia on a Bicycle (1903 ed.). New York: The Century Co. p. 110.
- The website about Quchan city