Quebec Autoroute 440 (Laval)
|Maintained by Transports Québec|
|Length:||18.2 km (11.3 mi)|
|Existed:||1974 – present|
|West end:||A-13 in Laval|
|A-15 / TCH / A-19 in Laval|
|East end:||A-25 in Laval|
- For Autoroute 440 in Quebec City, see Quebec Autoroute 440 (Quebec City).
Autoroute 440 (or A-440, also known as Autoroute Laval) is a provincial highway that runs across the city of Laval, Quebec from Autoroute 13 to Autoroute 25. It is currently 18.2 km (11.3 mi) long, proceeding across Île Jésus on an east-west axis. It links every highway or expressway that connects Montreal to the North Shore.
Originally, it would have continued West in the Avenue des Bois corridor and crossed Rivière des Prairies on Bigras and Bizard Islands. On the latter island, the right-of-way is actually a public park. On the Island of Montreal, the A-440 right-of-way is just west of Boulevard Chateau-Pierrefonds. The autoroute would have ended at the Chemin Sainte-Marie interchange (Exit 49) on Autoroute 40.
- Western terminus: Av. Des Bois (Ste-Dorothée neighbourhood) (km 16)
- Eastern terminus: Autoroute 25 (St-Vincent-De-Paul neighbourhood) (km 34)
- Lowest Annual Average Daily Traffic: 13 500 vpd (between R-117 and Avenue des Bois) (2000)
- Highest Annual Average Daily Traffic: 131 000 vpd (between Des Laurentides blvd. and Industriel blvd.) (2000)
Years of construction
A-440 was built over the following timeline:
|A-19||27||A-25 South (now
Route 125 South)
|Route 125 South, (former
|34||New A-25 South (existing
Note: Only service roads were originally built from A-13 to Boulevard Industriel (Exit 24), but they were signed as Autoroute 440 until the autoroute was completed in 1994.
Interchanges from West to East
|Laval||(16)||Avenue des Bois||Exit number not signed, based on kilometre post|
|17||Autoroute 13 (Autoroute Chomedey)|
|19||Route 117 (Boulevard Curé-Labelle) / Boulevard Chomedey|
|22||Autoroute 15/Trans-Canada Highway (Autoroute des Laurentides)|
|25||Route 335 South (Boulevard des Laurentides) / Boulevard René-Laennec|
|27||Autoroute 19 (Autoroute Papineau) / Route 335 North (Boulevard Des Laurentides)|
|30||Route 125 to Pie-IX Bridge / Montée Saint-François|
|34||Route 125, formerly Autoroute 25 To Pie IX Bridge|
|(?)||New Autoroute 25 To Olivier Charbonneau Bridge||Former Autoroute 25 between interchange 34 and interchange (?) was renumbered to Autoroute 440|
- "Répertoire des autoroutes du Québec" (in French). Transports Québec. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Ministère des transports, "Distances routières", page (?), Les Publications du Québec, 2005
- Transport Quebec website
- Transport Quebec Map (French)
- A-440 at Exitlists.com
- A-440 at Quebec Autoroutes
- Steve Anderson's MontrealRoads.com: Laval Autoroute (A-440)