Quebec Route 175
|Maintained by Transports Québec|
|Length:||243.3 km (151.2 mi)|
|South end:||Route 218 in Saint-Lambert-de-Lauzon|
| A-70 / Route 170 / Route 172 in Saguenay
Route 169 near L'Etape
A-40 / A-73 / A-440 / A-540/ A-740 / A-973 / Route 136 / Route 138 in Quebec City
A-20 (TCH) / Route 132 in Lévis
A-73 in Saint-Étienne-de-Lauzon
|North end:||Route 172 in Saguenay|
|Major cities:||Lévis, Quebec City, Stoneham, Saguenay|
Route 175 is a major north/south highway on both sides of the St. Lawrence River in Quebec, Canada. Its southern terminus is in Saint-Lambert-de-Lauzon at the junction of Route 218 and its northern terminus is in Saguenay at the junction of Route 172, in the former city of Chicoutimi. Route 175 crosses the Saint Lawrence River on the Quebec Bridge, and a little further north of downtown Quebec City, it merges with Autoroute 73 for about 30 km before continuing through the Laurentides Wildlife Reserve as a two-lane divided highway in Stoneham.
Part of Route 175 is built to autoroute standards; the major part of that autoroute portion, also known as Autoroute Laurentienne, overlaps Autoroute 73. However the southern extremity of Autoroute Laurentienne, which is not part of A-73, is also designated as Autoroute 973, but is not signed as such.
The stretch of highway between Stoneham and Saguenay was one of the most dangerous highways in the province. It is a four lane highway crossing the Laurentian mountains and subject to poor weather conditions. Collisions, including those with moose, are not uncommon.
After lengthy negotiations between the Québec and federal governments to fund the project, work was begun to completely rebuild Route 175 as a four-lane dual carriageway. It was started in 2003 and completed in September 2013.
Municipalities along Route 175
- Quebec City (Sainte-Foy, Sillery, Notre-Dame-des-Anges, Charlesbourg)
- Stoneham-Et-Tewksbury & Stoneham
- Saguenay (Laterriere & Chicoutimi)
- Ministère des transports, "Distances routières", page 76, Les Publications du Québec, 2005
- Ministère des Transports du Québec, Atlas des transports, accessed September 2007
- (fr) Radio-Canada  January 31, 2010, Découverte Accessed May 13, 2010
- (fr) Ministère des Transports du Québec  Accessed May 13, 2010
- Interactive Provincial Route Map (Transports Québec) (French)
- Route 175 on Google Maps