|Industry||Mountaineering, hiking, climbing, Nordic skiing|
|Headquarters||Domancy, Sallanches, France|
|Key people||Christian Ollier (International Manager)|
|Products||Mountain sports products|
Quechua is a mountain sports brand founded in 1997 in Domancy, France, producing hiking, trail running, adventure racing, climbing and mountaineering apparel and equipment and is sold in every store of Decathlon Group and sportswear shops. It employs 150 people. The name comes from the Quechua language, an indigenous language of South America.
- 1997 : The Quechua company starts in a three room flat in Sallanches. The trademark is made official worldwide.
- 1999 : Opening of the International Headquarters in Domancy, very close to Mont Blanc.
- 2002 : The first Technical Partnership contracts are signed.
- 2003 : The six year old Quechua company joins the Top 10 largest global brands in mountain gear. Publication of the first consumer magazine, covering mountain topics, called Chullanka (snowed summit in Quechua language). The name changes to Quechua Magazine for the seventh issue.
- 2006 : Quechua wins two IF Design Awards. The 2 seconds Tent wins the Industrial Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) for the innovation of instant tent.
- 2007 : At the 10 year mark the company employs 100 persons at its premises in Domancy. Quechua wins 3 IF Design Awards for the Forclaz 900 jacket, Arpenaz 700 lady shoes and the 2seconds Air tent;
- 2008 : Quechua wins 3 IF Design Awards for the "All in One Sleeping Bag", the SSV Forclaz and the Bionassay 500 jacket.
Quechua has partnerships with groups such as mountain guides, national team of young mountaineers and the Ifremmont Institute of Mountain Medical Research. It works with advisers in hiking (Hélène Rochas, Grégory Vollet, Vincent Delebarre, Dachhiri Sherpa), climbing (David Caude) and adventure racing (Quechua Team).
Quechua has partnerships with IndiaLetsPlay in India for selling all its available range within the country through an online premium reseller partnership. The relationship was forged in 2013 and has been one of the most successful ones in the country.
- "Discover the brand" - Quechua official site, 2012-05-27
- Site des IF Design Awards 2006
- Site des IDEA Awards 2006
- Site des IF Design Awards 2007
- Site des IF Design Awards 2008