Queen's Gate School
|Type||Independent day school|
|Principal||Mrs Rosalynd Kamaryc|
|Chairman of Governors||Mr Michael Cumming|
|Location||133 Queen's Gate
|Local authority||Kensington and Chelsea|
The Good Schools Guide described it as a "Charming popular school, with a mixed intake, which does jolly well by its girls." It is one of a handful of independent girls' schools in the country that does not have a prescribed uniform but girls are expected to abide by a strict dress code.
Queen's Gate School was founded in 1891 by Miss Eleanor Beatrice Wyatt (who later founded Heathfield School, Ascot) in her parents' home in nearby Stanhope Gardens. The following year, the School moved to 132 Queen's Gate, later expanding into the adjacent houses at 131 and 133. In May 2005, the school acquired 125/126 Queen's Gate and refurbished it as accommodation for Junior School pupils.
Notable former pupils
- Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
- Harriet Cass, BBC Radio 4 newsreader
- Susannah Constantine
- Belinda Harris-Reid, knit-wear designer and promoter of hand-knitting
- Lucinda Lambton, photographer and broadcaster
- Nigella Lawson
- Imogen Poots, actress
- Vanessa Redgrave
- Jennifer Saunders, actress
- Twinkle, singer
- Trinny Woodall, fashion designer
- Profile on Good Schools Guide
- "Schools Guide 2012 - Queen's Gate". Tatler.
- Mission Statement, History & Aims
- "Producing Great Girls, Queen's Gate School" (233). Aspire Magazine. 2011. p. 2.
- "GCSE results 2011: independent schools". telegraph.co.uk. 20 September 2011.
- My brother got £12m, I didn't get a penny. But that's life at dailymail.co.uk/femail, accessed 1 November 2013