Queen's Park (Glasgow) railway station
|Looking north west towards Pollokshields East|
|Managed by||First ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Cathcart District Railway|
|1 March 1886||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Queen's Park from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Queen's Park railway station is a railway station serving the Queen's Park area of Glasgow, Scotland. It is located on the Cathcart Circle Line. Services are provided by First ScotRail on behalf of Strathclyde Partnership for Transport.
|This section requires expansion. (December 2008)|
Queen's Park station opened with the first section of the Cathcart District Railway, which opened as far as Mount Florida on 1 March 1886 (the line through to the first Cathcart station opened a few months later, on 25 May 1886). The station maintains its original island platform and station building to this day.
The lines through the station were electrified as part of the Glasgow South Bank Electrification in May 1962.
From July to August 2008, the Cathcart Circle was closed for a short period to allow for subsidence repair works near Pollokshields East railway station. During this closure, Queen's Park was, along with several other stations on the line, one of the first to receive the new ScotRail colours and signage that would replace Strathclyde Partnership for Transport and the incumbent franchise holder's branding.
Service provision consisted of two trains per hour between Neilston and Glasgow Central, two trains per hours between Newton and Glasgow Central, two trains per hour serving the Cathcart Inner Circle and two trains per hour serving the Cathcart Outer Circle Service.
Service provision consists of two trains per hour between Neilston and Glasgow Central, one train per hour between Newton and Glasgow Central, one train per hour serving the Cathcart Inner Circle and one train per hour serving the Cathcart Outer Circle Service.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Line and station open
Cathcart District Railway
Line and station open
- Butt (1995), page 193
- Kernahan (1980)
- "Queens Park Station". Historic Scotland. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Kernahan, Jack (1980). The Cathcart Circle. Falkirk, Stirlingshire: Scottish Railway Preservation Society. ISBN 0-9043-9601-0. OCLC 85045869.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.