Queen 'Masenate Mohato Seeiso
|'Masenate Mohato Seeiso|
|Queen Consort of Lesotho|
|Reign||18 February 2000 – present|
|Spouse||Letsie III of Lesotho|
|Anna Karabo Mots'oeneng|
|House||House of Moshesh
2 June 1976 |
Mapoteng, Berea District
|Royal Family of Lesotho|
She was born as Anna Karabo Mots'oeneng in Mapoteng in the Berea District the eldest child of Thekiso Mots'oeneng and his wife 'Makarabo. In 1990 Queen 'Masenate enrolled at the Machabeng International College in Maseru and studied there until 1996. In 1997 she attended the National University of Lesotho and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree.
She also holds a First Aid Certificate.
In October 1999, two years into her studies, she became engaged to King Letsie III of Lesotho. They were married on February 18, 2000 in the Lesotho Capital of Maseru. The marriage was the first time in the history of modern Lesotho where a royal had married a commoner.
Queen 'Masenate and King Letsie have three children.
- Princess Senate (b. 7 October 2001).
- Princess 'M'aSeeiso (b. 20 November 2004).
- Prince Lerotholi (b. 18 April 2007).
- Lesotho Red Cross Society.
- SOS Children's Village.
- People with Disabilities.
- Machabeng International College.
- Lesotho : Dame Grand Cross of the Most Dignified Order of Moshoeshoe.
- Lesotho : Prince Mohato Award Bronze Medal (06/1993).
|Monarchical styles of
Queen 'Masenate Mohato Seeiso of Lesotho
|Reference style||Her Majesty|
|Spoken style||Your Majesty|
Title last held by'Mamohato
|Queen Consort of Lesotho
|This article related to women's history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|