Queen and Crescent Route
The Queen and Crescent Route was a system of railroads in the Southeastern U.S., connecting Cincinnati (the "Queen City") with New Orleans (the "Crescent City") and Shreveport. The main line to New Orleans was acquired by the Southern Railway, and is still part of the Norfolk Southern Railway system, while the Illinois Central Railroad acquired the branch from Meridian to Shreveport through its subsidiary Yazoo and Mississippi Valley Railroad.
- Cincinnati, New Orleans and Texas Pacific Railway, Cincinnati to Chattanooga
- Alabama Great Southern Railroad, Chattanooga to Meridian
- New Orleans and Northeastern Railroad, Meridian to New Orleans
- Alabama and Vicksburg Railway, Meridian to Vicksburg
- Vicksburg, Shreveport and Pacific Railway, Vicksburg to Shreveport
- Moody, John (1909). Moody's Analyses of Railroad Investments. New York: Analyses Publishing Company. p. 213.