|Single by Paul McCartney|
|from the album New|
|Released||24 October 2013|
|Genre||Art rock, baroque pop|
|Label||Universal Music Group (UK)
Hear Music (US)
|Writer(s)||Paul McCartney, Luke Keohane|
|Paul McCartney singles chronology|
"Queenie Eye" is a song performed by English rock musician Paul McCartney, and written by McCartney and producer Paul Epworth. It is the second single from McCartney's solo album New, released in 2013.
McCartney explained that the song name and chorus lyrics were from a children's game he would play when he was young called "Queenie, Queenie, who's got the ball?" (the "Queenie" was alternatively called "Queenie Eye" or "Queenio"), and used the version of the chant he remembered from the game in the song.
The music video for the song was directed by Simon Aboud, husband of McCartney's daughter Mary. The video is notable for the array of famous people that appear in it including: actors Johnny Depp, George Ezra, Jeremy Irons, Chris Pine, Jude Law, Sean Penn, Alice Eve, actor-comedian James Corden, Meryl Streep, actress-comedian Tracey Ullman, model Kate Moss, singers Jack Savoretti, Gary Barlow, artist Peter Blake, designer Tom Ford, and many others who are shown dancing to the lyrics.
- Paul McCartney - vocals, guitar, bass guitar, lap steel guitar, piano, Moog synthesizer, synthesizer, mellotron, tambourine
- Paul Epworth - drums
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||55|
|Japan (Japan Hot 100)||42|
|US Adult Alternative Songs (Billboard)||27|
- The Making Of Queenie Eye on YouTube
- "Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr Share Grammy Stage for Rare Performance". Rolling Stone Online. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Ultratop.be – Paul McCartney – Queenie Eye" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Paul McCartney Album & Song Chart History" Japan Hot 100 for Paul McCartney. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Paul McCartney Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Adult Alternative Songs for Paul McCartney. Retrieved 22 December 2014.