|Single by Paul McCartney|
|from the album New|
|Released||24 October 2013|
|Label||Universal Music Group (UK)
Hear Music (US)
|Writer(s)||Paul McCartney, Paul Epworth|
|Paul McCartney singles chronology|
"Queenie Eye" is a song performed by English rock musician Paul McCartney, and written by McCartney and producer Paul Epworth. It is the second single from McCartney's solo album New, released in 2013.
McCartney explained that the song name and chorus lyrics were from a children's game he would play when he was young called "Queenie, Queenie, who's got the ball?" (the "Queenie" was alternatively called "Queenie Eye" or "Queenio"), and used the version of the chant he remembered from the game in the song.
A video directed by Simon Aboud, husband of McCartney's daughter Mary, was released for the song. The video is notable for the array of famous people that appear in it including: actors Johnny Depp, Jeremy Irons, Chris Pine, Jude Law, Sean Penn, actor-comedian James Corden, Meryl Streep, actress-comedian Tracey Ullman, model Kate Moss, singer Gary Barlow, artist Peter Blake, designer Tom Ford, and many others.
- Paul McCartney - vocals, guitar, bass guitar, lap steel guitar, piano, Moog synthesizer, synthesizer, mellotron, tambourine
- Paul Epworth - drums
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||55|
|Japan (Japan Hot 100)||42|
- The Making Of Queenie Eye on YouTube
- "Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr Share Grammy Stage for Rare Performance". Rolling Stone Online. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Ultratop.be – Paul McCartney – Queenie Eye" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Japan Hot 100 : Nov 30, 2013. Billboard. Retrieved 23 December 2013.