Queens Club (band)
|Origin||Kansas City, Missouri, USA|
|Years active||2008 - 2011|
|Labels||Tooth & Nail|
|Associated acts||The Chariot
Flattery Leads To Ruins Emery
Queens Club is an alternative rock band from Kansas City, Missouri currently signed to Tooth & Nail Records. Queens Club formed in 2007 with former members of The Chariot, Dan Eaton (Vocals/ guitar), and Jake Ryan (drums), as well as Andy Nichols (guitar) and Tyler Bottles (bass). The band signed to Tooth and Nail records in 2009, and has released one EP, Nightmarer, and one full-length album Young Giant.
The band announced their breakup in September 2011 via their Facebook Page in the midst of the creating of their new album. After losing their lead vocalist, Dan Eaton, who is pursuing his own solo career and drummer, Jake Ryan, the band found it too hard to continue and have decided to move on. Most of the members plan on continuing in the music field, but with other bands.
The band's first album has been described as "a perfect storm of Euro dance rock, indie sophistication and a sprinkling of punk rock’s filth and fury snottiness."
- Young Giant (2010)
- "Less Talk" © 2010 Tooth & Nail .
- "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" from Happy Christmas Vol. 5
- Phillips, Danny R. (March 5, 2009). "New Music Thursday – Queens Club". The Trip Wire. Retrieved March 30, 2010.
- "Welcome Queens Club To The Tooth & Nail Family!". The Pitch. Kansas City Pitch. September 18, 2009. Retrieved March 30, 2010.
- Wiebe, Crystal K. (November 26, 2009). "Queens Club strikes a deal with Tooth & Nail and hammers the social media". Archived from the original on February 1, 2013. Retrieved March 30, 2010.
- "Young Giant Overview". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved March 30, 2010.