Queen's Park station
Location of Queen's Park in Greater London
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||6 (4 operational)|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Original company||London and North Western Railway|
|Pre-grouping||London and North Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|2 June 1879||Opened as Queen's Park (West Kilburn)|
|11 February 1915||Bakerloo line service introduced|
|December 1954||Renamed Queen's Park|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Queen's Park station is a station served by London Underground and London Overground. London Midland previously made 3 operational calls daily, which were not found in public timetables. As of the December 2013 timetable these stops no longer exist, with no mainline services calling at the station. It is in West Kilburn at the southern end of Salusbury Road, near the public park from which it takes its name. The station is in Travelcard Zone 2.
Services on the Bakerloo line were extended from Kilburn Park to Queen's Park on 11 February 1915. On 10 May 1915 Bakerloo services began to operate north of Queen's Park as far as Willesden Junction over the recently built Watford DC Line tracks shared with the LNWR.
All platforms at Queen's Park station are on the surface; the slow main line platforms (Platforms 5 & 6) are reserved for use during engineering work or partial line closures. The Bakerloo line tunnel portals are about 300 metres (980 ft) to the east of the station. The two inner station tracks, platforms 3 (westbound) and 2 (eastbound), split into four tracks in a carriage shed to the west of the station. Bakerloo line services starting or ending at Queen's Park normally do so in the two centre tracks of the 4-track carriage shed. Bakerloo line trains joining or leaving the Watford DC Line do so by passing through the carriage shed on one of the two outer tracks, which merge into the Watford DC Line, the latter of which becomes the station's outer tracks. Around a third of Bakerloo line trains terminate at Queen's Park rather than continuing to Willesden Junction or Stonebridge Park or Harrow & Wealdstone stations. All platforms are accessed through ticket barriers.
- Platforms 5 and 6 at Queen's Park have no regular service.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- GB National Rail Timetable 2013-14, Table 66 & Network Rail Working TimeTable CB01, 8 December 2013 - 17 May 2014 (Network Rail)
- "Bakerloo Line, Dates". Clive's Underground Line Guides. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Rose, Douglas (1999). The London Underground, A Diagrammatic History. Douglas Rose/Capital Transport. ISBN 1-85414-219-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Queen's Park station.|
- London's Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Harrow & Wealdstone
towards Elephant & Castle
towards Watford Junction
|Watford DC Line||