Queens University (Bangladesh)
Seal of the Queens University
|Motto||To Build up Future Career|
|Type||Private University, Coeducational|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Abdul Khalek|
|Colors||Yellow and White|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission, Bangladesh, IAU|
Queens University or QU (কুইন্স বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) is a private university in the Bangladesh. The university was established in 1996 under the Private University Act 1992. The founder and chairperson is Dr. Hamida Banu Shova. All of its campuses are in Banani and Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh. The university offers undergraduate and graduate education in several subjects.
QU will organize its academic programs into different faculties. Each faculty consists of several disciplines which are basically interdisciplinary in character.
- Undergraduate courses
- B.Sc in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- B.Sc in Textile Engineering (Proposed)
- B.Sc in Environmental Science and Management (Proposed)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Laws: LL.B (Hons)
- BA (Hons) in International Relations and Development
- BA (Hons) in English
- BA (Hons) in Bengali (Proposed)
- BA (Hons) in Political Science (Proposed)
- BA (Hons) in Folklore (Proposed)
- BA (Hons) in Sociology (Proposed)
- Post-graduate courses
- Master of English (Preliminary and Final)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA-Regular)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA-Executive)
- Master of Laws: LL.M
The QU library has a good collection of resources in Business, Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Economics, Law, Environmental Studies, English Language and Literature, History, Culture, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Mathematics, Statistics, Architecture, etc.
The university has an arrangement of extra curricular activities for its students. Such as sports and games, software fair, seminars and cultural activities.
The academic programs of the university are recognized by many national and international educational institutions and professional bodies such as BCS (Bangladesh Computer Society) and Bangladesh Bar Council.
- Business club
- English club
- Computer club
- Law club
- Programming club
- Cultural club
- Sports club
- Debating club
- Official Queens University Web Site
- UGC: List of Universities
- UNESCO: List of Bangladesh universities