From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Quenching (disambiguation))
|Look up quench in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A quench is a rapid cooling.
Quench or quenching may also refer to:
- Quench (album), an album by The Beautiful South
- Quench (band), a British rock band
- Quenching (fluorescence), any process which decreases the fluorescence intensity of a given substance
- Quenching (scrubber), a type of pollution scrubber
- Magnet quench, a loss of superconductivity resulting in a rapid rise of resistance and temperature, such as in a superconducting magnet
- Dark quencher, a dye that absorbs light, but does not emit it, used in molecular biology
- the means by which a Geiger-Müller tube is able to distinguish individual particles
- in a super-regenerative receiver, the process of interrupting the main RF oscillation with a lower frequency oscillation
- the process of stopping an electrical arc, for example in a fuse or Spark-gap transmitter
- in an internal combustion engine, the rapid cooling of fuel inside the combustion chamber that prevents it from burning
- rapid evaporative cooling of a gas by injection of a liquid
- a magazine published by gair rhydd, a student newspaper of Cardiff University
- a secondary gas in a neon tube filled with a Penning mixture
- a character in the sketch comedy show "All That"
- ICMP Source Quench, a message that is part of the internet core protocol
- Lily Quench, a series of children's books
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.