|Founder||Mark Smith and Wayne Davies|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Distribution||The Book Service|
Quercus is known for its lists in crime (e.g. Philip Kerr, Peter May, Peter Temple), its MacLehose Press imprint, which publishes translated (often prize-winning) works by authors such as Philippe Claudel, Stieg Larsson and Valerio Varesi, its literary fiction titles (e.g. Prajwal Parajuly, Kimberley Freeman) and its Jo Fletcher Books imprint, which publishes science fiction, fantasy and horror.
Smith and Davies had previously worked together at the Orion Publishing Group.
- Lisa Campbell, "Quercus publisher of the year at The Bookseller Industry Awards", The Bookseller, 17 May 2011.
- Jones, Philip (2010-03-03). "Indie publishers put books on Bloomsbury's digital library shelf". The Bookseller. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- Official website
- Official MacLehose Press website
- Official Jo Fletcher Books website
- Quercus catalogue
- Nick Clark, "The publishing house that Stieg Larsson built" The Independent, 6 August 2010.
|This article about a publishing company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|