|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Key people||Wayne Purboo
President & CEO
QuickPlay Media is a privately held company that provides managed services for the distribution of premium multi-screen video to IP-connected devices. The company’s managed services platform, OpenVideo, powers mobile video services for live TV, video on demand (VOD) and radio services for companies including AT&T Wireless, Bell Mobility, Verizon Wireless, Motorola Mobility, Rogers Wireless, Research In Motion, Sirius XM, and U.S. Cellular.
QuickPlay was founded in April 2004 and is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario; with offices throughout the US and in London, England. The company currently has 1.5 million content assets under management.
QuickPlay Media has received venture funding from GMP Securities L.P., General Catalyst Partners, Ventures West, J.L. Albright and Up Capital.
In May 2010, research firm IDC named QuickPlay to its list of "Ten Canadian Mobile and Wireless Companies to Watch."
- Clancy, Michelle (Feb 9, 2012). "TVB taps QuickPlay to power China's myTV mobile video". Rapid TV News. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- Carew, Sinead (April 1, 2009). "Quickplay to offer popular TV shows on BlackBerry". Reuters. Retrieved December 12, 2011.
- QuickPlay- QuickPlay Media's Home Page
- Mediacaster Magazine- QuickPlay Meets Growing Demand for HD Multiscreen Video Services
- Techcrunch- PE Firm Madison Dearborn Pays $100M For A Majority Stake In Cloud Video Company QuickPlay Media
- The Wall Street Journal- Madison Dearborn Invests $100M in Cloud Provider QuickPlay