|Type||Oil and Gas Producer|
|Industry||Oil and Gas|
|Genre||Exploration and Production|
|Headquarters||Fort Worth, Texas|
|Divisions||Quicksilver Gas Services LP|
On October 18, 2010, Quicksilver Resources announced that it has received a letter of interest from a group called Quicksilver Energy, L.P. indicating an interest in potentially acquiring the Company. The group is controlled by members of the Darden family, including Thomas Darden, Quicksilver Resources’ Chairman of the Board, and Glenn Darden, Quicksilver Resources’ President and Chief Executive Officer. Several law firms have begun investigating whether the proposed acquisition is fair to the Company's shareholders.
The company has 99% of its production based on natural gas, and 1% on oil. It is involved in upstream exploration and production from the Barnett Shale in the Fort Worth basin, the West Texas Delaware Basin, Coal Bed Methane in southern Alberta and the Horn River Basin in British Columbia. Quicksilver controls midstream gas operations through its subsidiary, Quicksilver Gas Services.
- Quicksilver Resources. "Company Fact Sheet". Retrieved 2009-10-03.[dead link]
- Google Finance. "Quicksilver Resources Inc". Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- "Quicksilver Resources Inc. Announces Receipt of Letter From Investor Group".
- "Quicksilver Resources, Inc. Securities Litigation".
- Quicksilver Resources. "Company Data". Retrieved 2009-10-03.[dead link]